Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pretty As A Peacock

This is my post at the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog today!

The May Reveal was using Dreamweaver stencils.
I was excited when I heard this, as working with stencils is not only fun,
but it is an entirely different and gorgeous look for card creating!


Diane here with you today to show you this beautiful 
Dreamweavers Peacock Stencil.
I cut a black card stock panel and used Silver Embossing Paste,
carefully applying with my Palette Knife.

I removed the stencil, then starting from the outside in,
using an 1/8" measuring spoon,
I started adding my glitters.

SNS glitters used for this project were
Waterfall semi transparent, Misty Blue, Sugar Plum, and Green Nugget.
I added a color, then tapped it off, added the next color repeated each step until it was done.
At this point I let my stenciled and glittered peacock dry overnight.
It does dry faster, but after all my beautiful work, I wanted to make sure it was totally dry.


The sentiment is from the stamp set Spring Floral.
I stamped it with Versamark, then used Black Detail embossing powder
and heat set it.

 To finish I adhered my finished panel to lilac card stock using
Added an embossed panel and a few sequins.


I encourage you to create using the stencils and glitter,
you will be amazed at how easy it is!



4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Beautifully done Diane!! You have some patience!

Darlene said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous Diane! LOL .. I have to agree with Ros ... I don't think I would have the patience required to create this beautiful design! YOU GO GIRL!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooooh, sparkly! Wow! This is a fabulous pop of gorgeous, Diane!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning Diane!! The sparkly peacock looks amazing!! I love SnS glitter...it's the best I've worked with!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts