Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Summer Fun

Hello Friends!
I have a fun summer card to share today!


On Mother's Day my great grandson and great granddaugher came to visit me.
They are so cute!  Paislie is 3 1/2 and Jenson is 2!
When I saw this cute, cute Crafty Secrets image in the 
they reminded so much of my sweet little ones,
I totally changed gears of what I was doing 
and put together  a cute summer card!

I had a bit of leftover paper from another project using Crafty Secrets
and the colors fit my card perfectly.
Have you seen these two kits?
OMGoodness, they are chock full of vintage/retro goodness!
The papers are gorgeous, let alone all the ephemera!


I added a striped bow with a striped vintage button....
I love how the stripes of the ribbon match the stripes in the little ones towel!
Gee, how many times did I say striped/stripes
in the paragraph above...LOL!!

I found in my stash a tiny, but real starfish, a shell and a bit of sea glass.....
which were the perfect embellishments!


I added a "sandpaper" beach for a bit of texture and

fussy cut the bottom of the image so they would look like they were walking on the sand!


A bit of Twilight Stickles was added to the water.

Did you know Crafty Secrets is going completely digital?
Yep, they are and they have a fabulous sale going on to close out
all the non-digital products...
check it out, they are practically giving it away!!

Make sure to visit the Crafty Secrets blog today,
you will be totally inspired by all
the DT is showcasing !

Entering the following challenges:
Digi Choosday .... Add A Bow



10 comments:

Mulberry Mindy said...

This image is so cute! It blends so well with the shell, starfish and beach glass. Your ribbon is just awesome! I love how it matches the stripes on the towel! Thanks for sharing your "little ones" with us.

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so cute. I love the image and your layout.

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable!! I love the sweet image!! Those little ones are so cute!! I love how you have them walking on sand!! The touches you added are perfect!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

Such a cute image and card!!!

Darlene said...

OMG this is so creative and totally adorable! What a clever design ... you go girl!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Darling little Kewpies! Aren't they just too adorable? What a great beachy card, Diane!

Ros Crawford said...

Yeh that's me and DH on holiday! Lol!! So cute!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Diane, you make me want to go back to the beach! This card is so totally adorable! I love the "beach ball" ribbon....just beautifully constructed and embellished! Thank you!

Katie Tear said...

I love it. It is so cute, and I especially like the sand paper beach. How clever.

Jane Savage said...

So sweet and such a clever design! Love that lush bow!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane (DT) xxx