Thursday, May 21, 2015

Bearded Iris

This is my card on the
Dies R Us blog today!

Hi All!
Diane here with you on this Thursday before the Memorial Day holiday
with a card using one of the new flower dies in the
Dies R Us store!


I started with a background paper that I softened the color
by machine stitching vellum on top.

The Iris  die is by Frantic Stamper and called Mix and Match Irises.
If you are not familiar with these, they are flower dies 
that you can mix and match with Frantic Stamper Stems.
There are several other flowers to choose from, too.


You purchase the stems and the flower heads separately.
I think these dies would be pretty cut in white card stock,
then colored and shaded in with your pens and/or watercolors.

I also used a butterfly by Wild Rose Studio called Little Butterfly!
I love the detail and the size!
When in the Dies R Us store, enter in the word "butterfly"
and you will be amazed at how many different ones there are
to select from in various styles and sizes!!

Don't forget to come back tomorrow to see Alicia's inspiration project!
There is also an anniversary party going on at the
Dies R Us challenge blog with 5 prizes given out to five lucky entrants.
All you have to do is enter the challenge with an anniversary card!

Have a safe and fabulous holiday!!

Entering the following challenges:
Scrap & Craft .... Colors f Spring
Little Red Wagon .... To Die For




3 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the vellum background!! The new flower dies are so fabulous...and they just went on my wish list!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Cool dies! I love the effect of the vellum covered background, too!

Susie Moore said...

Beautiful! Just absolutely lovely! Thanks for creating with us this week at Little Red Wagon Challenge Blog.