Monday, May 18, 2015

Shabby Chic Fish Bowl Shaker

Hi All!!
It's that time again for a new challenge at 

Our theme is "Fun Blooms"
and using the inspiration photo below!


Our sponsor is "The Cutting Cafe"!
I love this sponsor as they have the most fun cutting files to create with!



to create  a "shabby chic" fish bowl and turned it into a shaker card!
I printed the bowl twice, once on white card stock 
and once on a heavy weight vellum.
I like the heavy weight vellum, as I thought it gave it watery effect!


I tried something different, so instead of using foam tape around the edge
of the bowl for the shaker, I stitched all around and added my sequins,
then sewed the top shut. It seems to "shake" just fine.


I decorated the top with various flowers, leaves and such from my stash!
I actually think it makes a pretty decor piece!

Now, head on over to "The Shabby Tea Room" and see what beautiful
creations my teammates have to show you.
I have to say, it to was fun to see all the different ways this fish bowl was used!
As long as you are there, why not join in the challenge with us??
You could win some cut files of your own from The Cutting Cafe!!

Entering the following challenges:
2 Crafty Girls .... Vintage
Craft Your Passion .... ATG
Crafty Cardmakers .... Shaped Card
Monday Mood Board .... Those paint splatters
reminded me of my sequins...a great mood board!!
Allsorts .... No Squares allowed

13 comments:

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--what a stunning piece! I love this!

Darlene said...

WOW this is just gorgeous Diane! Love your 'fish bowl' idea and those flowers are fabulous! WELL DONE ...
I wouldn't have known where to start with this inspiration piece but you (and the other ladies) have shared some amazing ideas ... again, WELL DONE!!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the pretty fish bowl!! So creative to sew it closed!! The flowers are beautiful!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card love the shape and detail.
Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
Hugs Julie xxx

Cindy said...

Very pretty card. Love the vellum shaker fishbowl :-) Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Girls.

Leslie Miller said...

Now that's what I call inspired! Wow! Cute idea to make a shaker out of it. Gorgeous flowers! All over just a beauty! I love the inspiration photo, too. Who would have thought to do carrots and flowers together? It's fabulous!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 2 Crafty Girls, good luck!!! Amy

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Wow!! This is beautiful!! Love it!

Ewelina said...

Wow, amazing. . Thank you for joining us at 2 Crafty Girls, good luck!!! Ewelina DT

whoistracy said...

So very pretty! I love all those flowers you added. So glad you could join in my Monday Mood Board!

Lin said...

What a clever idea! The flowers are gorgeous and the whole design is just beautiful.

Thank you for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Sue U said...

This is such a clever idea, love the idea of outting sequins in the bowl! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More this time, good luck and hope to see you again soon

Hugs
Sue xx