Friday, September 20, 2019

Ballet Backpack

Designing For The Cutting Cafe

Today I have the cutest cut file 
created by Regina at The Cutting Cafe!

She has designed a BACKPACK that is just perfect to hold
some fun goodies or a gift card.



I have a granddaughter Kendall who is 13 and has been in dance
since she was 4, 
so I made a dance recital backpack with her in mind.



I had the perfect paper in my stash
 (probably bought for scrap booking which I don't do anymore).

I cut this out on my Cricut in no time at all
(but all the files come in a PDF version too if you don't have an electronic machine)
One of the fun things and it wasn't thought out at all,
was when I cut the flap for the top of the pocket
it came out perfect with the words 'opening night' and ballet shoes....
couldn't of done any better then that!



I added a glittery ballerina to the front pocket,
which by the way, a Ghiradelli chocolate will fit in perfect.



Her birthday is in February and I plan to save this for her,
add the chocolates and a gift card in the back pack itself!



Make sure to come back tomorrow on the 21st
to The Cutting Cafe blog as all the designers are there
showing their own backpacks..all so different and creative
and you won't want to miss it.

Entering the following challenges:
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday ....Starts with a 'B' (backpack)

7 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

I LOVE this, Diane! How fun. Your granddaughter is going to love it! The glittery ballerina is amazing!

Darlene said...

WOW! This came together BEAUTIFULLY! Love the sparkly pink ballerina on the front! GREAT JOB ... she's going to LOVE it!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fun idea and great way to gift someone.I love the design of it and the glittery ballet dancer.

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful bag and just perfect for a ballerina, a wonderful design and I love the pink dancer, Kate x

Regina Easter said...

oh gracious this is the cutest darn backpack ever...love the ballerina on it...awesome

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done with the gorgeous ballerina and the backpack is just so adorable! My daughter has been in dance/ballet since she's 4 as well and is now 13 and still loving it!

What a perfect creation for my crafty wednesday challenge theme where the topic is something beginning with b". Backpack and ballerina definitey fit the theme so well. Thank you so much for joining in!
it's so fitting for my "Something beginning with B" theme for my Crafty Wednesday challenge! Thank you so much for joining in!
Ellibelle's Corner

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, you're not kidding about how cute this is!! A chocolate and a gift card will make a fabulous gift in this super darling ballet backpack. Love the glittery ballerina and how the flap worked out. This is totally amazing, Diane! I had a look at the others, too. So many cute ideas!