Sunday, September 15, 2019

The Little Train That Could

It's that time again where a new challenge begins at 
Dies R Us!
Our theme is 'Planes~ Trains~Automobiles'.
Makes you think of the movie doesn't it?

Grab our Badge!

I started with a crimped background for my cute little
Cheapo Dies Train Engine to sit on.
The balloons are from Sue Wilson shadowbox Collection Celebrations
I just simply adhered them to pieces of twine.
Little Stars are coming out of the smokestack,
I used the tiny star from the Impression Obsession Star Sun Moon set.


I had a clever idea when it came to making the train tracks.
I die cut a Frantic Stamper Rail Fence Ribbon from silver metallic paper.


Then to make it look more like a train track,
I just snipped off the top edges as shown below.


I really liked how this card turned out
and  thinking the train would make an adorable baby boy card too!

Here once again are all the dies I have used.


Thanks for visiting with me and pop on over to
the Dies R Us challenge blog to see all the fabulous creations by my teamies!!

7 comments:

Sherri said...

This is just totally adorable! Love that train and the addition of the balloons and twine just takes it over the top! Awesome job, Diane!

laurie said...

This is really cute! I love how you tied the balloons on with bakers twine..fun idea!!

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, this is so cute! I love how you did the train tracks from a fence, but my favorite part of the whole thing is how you used the stars for smoke. Dang! Really, the whole card is just adorable!

Maria said...

Oh, so cute! Love how you created the tracks! Wonderful colorful balloons attached to the train, so fun!!

Darlene said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this birthday train! What a great idea! Sure to bring a smile!

Kathy Krug said...

Love how you used the fence balloons and stars for this cute scene. The colors are perfect too.

Birgit said...

Oh my word, your railroad track is so clever and your card is as cute as can be. Pure genius!!