Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Featured Challenge

The new challenge at Double D
is FEATURED
You can pick any item from the mood board below and
'feature' it!
There so much to choose from 
it will be fun to see all the creations!



Way back last Spring Hobby Lobby Had a sticker sale 50% off,
well stickers aren't like they used to be and some are quite nice,
so I grabbed a bunch up thinking I could make a few quick and reasonable
cards with them, you know what I mean,
it won't cost me $92 to make one card...lol!

So that is how this card came about...stickers!


I first placed each sticker on card stock to give more stability,
then fussy cut each out.
I also die cut frames for each,
replicating the quilt patches in the mood board.

I had intended to add 'google' eyes but they just didn't look right
so I left well enough alone.
The sentiment I made up and printed it out.


Here these guys are up close and personal lol!

Make sure and visit the Double D Challenge Blog
to see all the FUN creations from the Design Team...
they are awesome as usual!!

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Totally makes me smile!! Those are the most adorable stickers!! I love the design and embossing!! So fun!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Barbara said...

I don't have a single monster stamp and then I read your post and found that these were stickers. Great used of them and loved that you made them look like the quilt that is in the inspiration board. Love that you made your own sentiment. I did that too on my card.

aussie aNNie said...

These are the coolest and so gorgeous with amazing design.xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a fun card Diane! Love your alien stickers - each with a unique personality!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So adorable and such fun stickers used for the card.

Darlene said...

LOVE these guys ... made me chuckle immediately! What a great idea to use stickers and the perfect take on the mood board. GREAT JOB my friend ... have a great day!

Kathy Krug said...

Such a fun card. I love the little stickers on your quilt design.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, this is so dang funny and cute! I would be so inspired by the mood board. Maybe this winter I'll have more time to play both challenges. I've been trying to go easy on myself, but these boards are pretty irresistible. LOVE this!

Donna Phelan said...

Who are you kidding, it's typically $92.95 to make a card LOL Leave it to you to have the monster stickers, I think they are fabulously FUN! Great choice from the mood board!

Ros Crawford said...

Eeeek! What a fun and fabulous card Diane!!

Vicki said...

Such a fun card and great take on the challenge!! I love these little aliens!!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a cute card Diane! Love the vibrant colors and it has such a happy feel to it.

Carol L said...

I rarely ever look in the stickers section of craft stores, but I may have to rethink that after seeing this fun, whimsical birthday card! Cute as a button.........or a little monster :)