Saturday, March 13, 2021

Butterflies

 I almost drove myself to the loony bin making this card!
It's hard to tell but those butterflies were the most intricate
I have ever made, so many tiny tiny pieces and
every piece would either stick to my fingers and/or my tweezers,
it was crazy I tell ya!!

I used a part of a Sizzix set called Tiny Nature for the Butterflies.
A funny (or not) story about Sizzix.
Last month I hit one of their 80% off sales and I purchased a lot.
I was pretty excited as I had some really cool stuff ordered at a heck of a price.
I tracked my order and three times the noted 'to arrival' date it
didn't arrive.  But low and behold Fed Ex showed up with it
and it was one heavy box which I thought was odd to begin with.
So I hauled it in, opened it and what made it so heavy were SEVEN of the
Bigz dies, which I don't order anymore because of storage of them.
As I went thru the items (26 of them) only 5 were things I had ordered.
That's where the fun began...NOT!

So I called to say I got an order but not MY order
and I have to say my order total was around $80 so I wanted my things.
Well that was no use as no one ever answers the phone
and come to find out they only work half days five days a week.

So I went on site and opened up a case with an email, but that takes 3 to 5 days!
They did contact me thru email a few days later but it was almost the weekend
and asked me for some information which I sent back.
Come Monday I get an email back saying they never received the info they asked for,
which I had sent twice as wasn't quite sure WHERE to send it as no instructions
and found out later reply wasn't it.

So because it takes 3 to 5 days to get back with you I have to say it was frustrating
but I was reassured I would get my stuff.  I told them over and over to call me
so I could just read the info they wanted over the phone but finally someone
said they don't call as their operators are located in the UK and the time difference and all that...
who knew right?

I finally just kept sending message after message asking them to let me know what was going on and to ask IF they finally got the info they wanted from me.
Well they didn't like my sending emails over and over LOL, and politely
asked me to QUIT sending them.
I finally got a response that my order was being shipped minus the 5 correct things
I did receive and I was to keep all the other items, WOW now that made
me sooooooooo happy.

I have ordered from them forever and this was the first time something like this happened
and I have always had good luck with them...quite a story eh??

However I guess you can't please anyone any better then that!!

Anyhow, here is my card made with one of the sets I did happen to order.

The background I created using The Greetery Ship Lap die
and TH Distress ink Wild Honey.



I created this card purposely for the challenge at Mod Squad which is Butterflies!!



4 comments:

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love those butterflies and of course the shiplap! I need to make up more shiplap panels to have on hand. Well done!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card. Thankfully your order was sorted and you got a bit extra from your troubles. Hugs Anesha

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, that is QUITE a story! I'm glad it had a very happy ending, but it would make me crazy in the meantime. I simply love your card! The shiplap background is awesome and the die with butterflies is so pretty. You're right, it doesn't look like that many small parts, but I know how looks can be deceiving.

Judy Woodland said...

WHEW!!! I got exhausted reading your story. GEEZ - what a nightmare. But the good news is, you got to keep the stuff they sent you. I love your card, I am going to check out that Ship lap EF. It's really cool. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating with us over at the Mod Squad my friend!!
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!