Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Christmas Animal

We have a super fun theme at Double D and it is
CHRISTMAS ANIMALS

(don't have a Christmas animal?  just create a Santa hat
and place on any animal, bird etc, let the mood board I created inspire you!!)


Isn't that just the cutest and fun mood board?
I had so many cute animal stamps and dies for Christmas it was a hard choice,
but in the end I settled for these never been used before 
Cottage Cutz Festive Elephant dies.
There are two in the set, the one I have used and the other one is a
standing elephant holding a tree, I need to create one of him too!
I had a die cute stitched circle already sitting on my desk so
I embossed it with a snowflake embossing folder
which I placed on a pretty piece of Simple Stories 6x8 Make It Merry
paper.  I added a Memory Box die Frosty Border and a sentiment from
my new Christmas Messages stamps from Hero Arts!


I think this card will go to my sister this year as she was
always a fan of the Dumbo book and felt quite sorry for him
so think she will get a kick out of this card!

Make sure to visit at Double D and see plenty more
'cute' Christmas animals but the design teams,
they are certain to make you smile and brighten up your day!!

Entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday ... Use Craft Dies
Christmas Kickstart .... Christmassy

Little Red Wagon ....Animal or Human
NBUS .... Never Before Used Schtuff...(My Elephant in stocking)
Elliebelle's Crafty Wednesday .... ATG
Critter Crazy .... ATG With A Critter


16 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG how cute is this baby elephant peek out from inside this stocking! Awesome design to showcase him too! Well done!

Donna Phelan said...

That elephant in the pretty Christmas stocking is so adorable! Super cute! Loving all of that great texture on the circle die cut too and that wisp of snowflakes, what a great die! Fa La La La La

Barbara said...

I adore the pink cheeks on this cute Christmas Elephant. Putting him in a Christmas sock was a great idea. Your embossed circle shows him off too. My favorite on the mood board is the chicken. Lol

Vicki said...

This is the cutest, Diane! Love that adorable little elephant and his rosy cheeks. Lots of details and dimension too.

Leslie Miller said...

Your sister will love this card as much as I do! You know I'm a Cottage Cutz fan. This sounds like quite a set with the tree option as well. He's so cute on the snowflake embossed circle with the Frosty border running across the front. I have so much of everything still sitting so I passed up some sales. It's not easy!

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable and stunning dies used, what a beautiful lot of dies and design x

Ellibelle said...

Ohmygoodness, that Elephant is totally adorable!! What a cute Christmas card!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Carol L said...

This is the first time I've ever seen an elephant in a stocking, but he's so cute, what's not to love? Great embossing and delicate snowflakes line the bottom of this card beautifully!

Tee said...

That is an adorable elephant! Love the design & colors! Gorgeous card.

Dotty Jo said...

I Just love your festive elephant - what a beauty! Those little pink cheeks are so cute. Thanks for linking up at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh Diane, how adorable is that little elephant, with his little rosy cheeks, snuggled up in his stocking! I love that you have allocated the card already - I do this too and then spend hours agonising over them and changing my mind!! Vicky x

Imke said...

Sweet Christmas Card Diane and great take with our "Animal or Human" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. Thanks for joining us !

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I love this so much. That little elephant is so unexpected in that Christmas stocking, and he just makes me smile. So stinkin' CUTE!!!!

Darnell said...

Your sister will HUG this cute card, Diane! Seriously, you would win this challenge if it weren't yours! And that mood board is just the best! I'm tempted to take a break from my break just so I can play, but I'd better keep focused. Focused? What's that?! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Birgit said...

This is so adorable Diane! That must be one big stocking to hold and elephant. Or maybe it's one very tiny elephant? Either way, it's super cute! The snowflake embossing and snowflake flurry die cut go perfectly together to make this card whimsical and fun!

Gale said...

This is sure a cute critter! Love it! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Critter Crazy Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/