Monday, May 23, 2011

Embellish Magazine Tag Challenge

It's a nice warm morning here...I was able to leave the bedroom slider open all night for a light breeze.....and after being up so early on Sunday I slept like a baby and woke to a zillion singing birds....love the sounds of nature!

I made a shabby chic tag for the Embellish Magazine Colors Trend Challenge "tags"...I know it is hard to see, but the background of my tag is stamped in grey swirls....I added bits of paper.....can you see the little owl?....the lace at the bottom I inked for the color I wanted....added a strip of silver glitter rick rack...



the paper at the edge.....well, it fell out of the closet as I was working.....no joke...so it worked perfect for my shabby chic look...I have this"ruffled paper garland trim in lots of wonderful colors that I purchased from Ebay...it is from Bethany Lowe......the tiny flowers were added....and the little fern leaves were punched with a MS punch..... that the handle broke off on the third punch......arrrrg.......so now will have to purchase a new one...thats's it...don't forget I post garden pictures every Sunday of what has bloomed in my garden "that week"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A.W.E.S.O.M.E. tag!!!
so many details
love it :D
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so precious! Love the use of colors. Thanks for joining the Tags Color Trends Challenge!

Stamps and Paper said...

What a fabulous tag...great colours and a true work of art.

Anne

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Fluffy and fun! I love it! What a beautiful tag!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a beautiful tag. Love the pretty colours and those mini flowers.
Caroline xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!~

Marlena M. said...

It's as if the tag is wearing a boa! Too cool. ;)

Mariana Grigsby said...

Such a pretty shabby chic tag! Thanks for playing along with us!

Kelly said...

Oooooh such a pretty tag. LOVE the colors and the flowers are so pretty!