Monday, May 16, 2011

Getting "Inky" For The Shabby Tea Room

I spent all morning making this card for The Shabby Tea Room Challenge "Monochromatic".......and getting "inky" in the process....first I embossed my image with TH Milled Lavender, but the color just wasn't what I wanted...so then stamped my three little kittens with VersaMagic Pansy chalk ink...much better color.....then got the brainstorm to tint some of my own seam binding to match my rose...thing is I bought the seam binding over a year ago and have been hunting for it since....walked out of the room and back in and instantly saw it...go figure...but it took lots of trial and errors to get the color I wanted...(but at least I have some other yummy colors for another time)
...since I am "still" on my gingham kick I added some lavender gingham ribbon to my seam binding...I inked up a white paper doily (I really need to buy one of those doily dies) with the same chalk ink, stamped Three little words at the bottom and inside has a nice sentiment to go with it,
 the background of my card, I used a Sizzix texture plate..I have about 15 of these and have never used them...alot of it is covered up, but its all flowers...my goal is to someday win the challenge, but the competition is tuff...there are some gorgeous and breathtaking entries each time...I visit all the time to see what new entries have been posted and have found several "favorite" blogs because of the challenges........more to come tomorrow!

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Sweet little kittens and that blossom is gorgeous ... thank you for joining us this week in the Tea Room, Diane :)

Trace4J said...

WOW YOU ARE SO TALENTED.
It is beautiful.
Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Anonymous said...

WOW Diane! You have so much work into this sweet card and it shows :-) I love how you altered your embellies and I am on a gingham kick too lol!! I went to a scrapbook store this weekend and boutgh every color she had lol!!Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Stella said...

I think I see a winner. My oh my you are so talented! This is stunning!

Sheri said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Love that fabulous ribbon! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

Kelly said...

Ooooh...so pretty. Love the lavender on white. Cute little image and ooooh the flowers and ribbon is absolutely gorgeous!

Trees said...

What a pretty card! I love the kitty stamp and that gorgeous flower!

Pattie said...

Oooh I love purple! What a beautiful flower and cute image! So glad you could join us this week in the Tea Room!

Cindy Adkins said...

This is exquisite!!!
XO