Sunday, May 29, 2011

PDCC83 ~ and What Is Blooming In Your Garden 3






 
I decided to do my 2nd challenge with The Play Date Cafe (PDCC83) honoring a "retiring" DT member "Sarah Anderson" that is leaving the team...though I don't know Sarah...I wish her the best with her new "venture"! The challenge is black and white with a splash of green....I decided to make a black and white "quilt" so to speak, by punching 20 1" squares, adhering them to card stock and then pulling out my ever faithful and much neglected SU top note die...good thing I am organized enough with my paper scraps that I could just pull the black scraps easily out........I added a stamped and cut out flower and what I thought was a perfect sentiment "for this occasion" "simply.be.who.you.are"...both stamps are by Unity.....I popped up both the flower and banner.
My next post are just a few of what's blooming in my garden this week...we have had hard rains.....but it still managed to look pretty spectacular!  I post pictures of my garden every Sunday...this week the poppies and the Iris took the "show"...I have tons more of photos and other color of Iris and Poppies...maybe Ican squeeze more in later this week!

7 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous card, Shirley! Love that quilted pattern on the Top Note shape and the lovely splash of green! I also love the photos of your flowers...I posted some as well this weekend...I just adore this time of year with all of it's flowery goodness! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the patchwork effect on your creation, very effective. Tracy x

Ruby said...

Lovely card! It reminds me of one of those trendy dresses in the 60's! Fab job! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love that black and white 'quilt' you've made! ANd that green flower brings just the right pop of color to the card. THanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Kelly said...

Great card Diane! Love your choice of paper. I always love it when you post pictures of your garden. These are GORGEOUS!

Jenny said...

Lovely card Diane, great black and white pattern on the shaped mat, love the green flower too :)
Jenny x

Jaclyn Miller said...

Wow, your quilted image is amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.