Friday, May 20, 2011

One Layer Card ~ Embossing

I stayed up very late last night and worked on a few challenges....ahhh the quiet...the peacefulness...I got a lot accomplished to post this week......
I am entering this card in the "Less Is More" challenge which was to make a one layer card with embossing, and also in the Joan's Gardens card challenge and Joans Gardens Tag challenge to make a card and a matching tag...I very rarely combine  challenges as I really like to stay focused on only one challenge at a time (and I get more done that way).

I have had this "Mackinac Bridge" stamp "forever" (or the Mighty Mac) as it is called here...if you are not familar with the bridge it connects the Upper and Lower Penisulas of Michigan, it is 5 miles long...beautiful...and has been seen over and over on the history channel as well as "dirtiest jobs".
I added a matching tag to the mix so as to enter it into Joan's Gardens.....I also took a picture of my Ranger embossing powder so you can see the sparkle in the image that the camera didn't pick up......well this is a quick post...off to a neighborhood sale at my "Momma's........on another note, my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday...please give her a big prayer...thank you!!

6 comments:

Chrissie said...

Firstly all good wishes and prayers for your sister's recovery!
Your card is lovely, it's not a part of the world I'm familiar with but maybe one day....
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Rachelxx said...

A lovely CAS card :-)

I agree that the embossing can be difficult to photograph!

Mandi said...

Super card, perfect CAS
Im sure that bridge look spectacular IRL
Every good wish to your
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Susan said...

Beautiful card and tag! Great job on the embossing! Hope your sister gets only good news from this point on!

Joan Fricker said...

Diane I love the clean look of this card and stamp. The bridge means something to those of us who live in the north doesn't it? I love it!

Are you talking your sister Linda? Thanks for letting us know. Please keep me posted.

Thanks so much for joining us for the card and tag challenge. Even though there won't be a Weekly Card Challenge until fall, be sure to keep watching for some fun things coming up.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Selma said...

I didn't know about that bridge. How fun to have that stamp. Your card and tag are very pretty. Thanks for joining us in the card/tag challenge at Joan's Gardens. Hope you will join us in the fun activities we have planned for the summer. Will pray for your sister.