Saturday, June 1, 2013

Burlap In The Negative

It is gorgeous outside today....
perfect temps, nice breeze...
my flower gardens are beyond gorgeous (even with the weeds..lol)
 
I have been so slow in posting lately...
but have two for today and am working on a few for tomorrow...
I have to do separate posts as they are for challenges....
and each challenge requires a separate post...
So, to get right to it...I made this card for the challenge at City Crafters
to use burlap...
and also in the Challenge at Simon Says "anything goes"
this week they are using Bottle Cap Inc and Authentique products
my background paper is from Authentique :>)
I punched out a butterfly from DS paper and adhered my burlap to the negative side....
I love using the negatives...don't you??
 
 
Supplies used for the burlap card are below......
I did a second negative card, not for the challenge, but just because.....




 
Also sharing some of my hard work from my gardens....
my Peonies are just starting to open up....
last night I leaned down to smell their lovely scent and next thing I knew,
I had ants crawling all over me, and one even bit me on the chin....
that will teach me!!
 
 
And also wanted to share a few more Iris...including this pink one
 
 
and my little "bumble bee" Iris.....
 
 
check out my "poppy" post above...see ya!!
 
Supplies used :SU very vanilla CS, butterfly punch
Hero Arts...sentiment and pearls
Decollections...lace tape
DS paper...Authentique Essentials Collection
Ink...TPC Studios Clearly Better "Chocolate"
 

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for letting us see your gorgeous flowers,I'm jealous of your green thumb!

Anonymous said...

I love your flowers Peonies are one of my favorites and roses :-) I love how you used the negative with the burlap underneath, very creative!!Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful cards! That first one really captures my heart ... the pink against the burlap is stunning!! And I'm so jealous of your garden ... Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!

Dianne said...

You' been a going concern since you got home you go girl:)..
What a brilliant I dea, the butterfly out of that pretty paper is lovely then I love the negative too kool to use the burlap in there, Love the little fragment you added too. Your flowers are so beautiful, I'n never seen a pink iris before lovely color, you had me laughing with the ants, the Peonies are beautiful but don't like the ants that open them. Bumble bee iris, well I never:O), it to has gorgeous color, thanks for sharing..

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply gorgeous, I love the burlap in the negative! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Bitten in the chin, how dare he! Lol. Love the flowers. That pink Iris has such a beautiful colour.
Anyway, back to business :) Love your cards Diane, beautiful and sweet. And yes, I totally agree, love the use of the negatives too! Especially with the burlap, it just gives it a little more dimension. Thank you for joining us at CCCB again. Hugs and happy day, Wendy

cheiron said...

Very fun! Love the negatives...great idea. Thanks for playing along with us in the the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!