Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cottage Charm ~ Country Pinwheels

Whew, we have had some storms this week...
causing me to have my computer unplugged most of the week
But I have to admit, I got a lot done in the house...
 
It also caused me to miss some of my favorite challenges...
I always try to do the challenges at "City Crafters"
and this week the challenge is "cottage charm"
using the beautiful photo below for inspiration

 
and you should see the "beauties" the DT came up with this week
GOR-GE-OUS!!!
 
 
For my card I pulled out an old quilt book I had.....
I at one time was going to donate this book, but decided to keep it for cards...
I am so glad I did.....I chose "country pinwheel" for my card.....
 
It took a little bit to "piece" together, but was well worth it!!!
I used a 7/8" square punch, then cut them in half diagonally...
after gluing each little piece down, I decided to "quilt" it
by using an embossing folder!
The stamps used (inside and out) are some of my newest from a "new to me" company
called "Deep Red"....
 
added a little bit of rick rack, a crochet flower, stick pin and that's it!!!
Also entering this in the Moxie Fab Worlds Mixy Matchy Style challenge !!
 
And remember the country wedding I went to on Saturday??
Here is a picture of the beautiful bride (2nd from left) and her girls 

12 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW this quilt card is FABULOUS! Good thing you hung onto that book ... what a great idea for cards! Love the Deep Red card creation too ... very CAS ... something I truly struggle with!
WOWZA ... what a beautiful photo of the bride and her girls!! These young ladies are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh Diane...this is FABULOUS!!!!!! So happy you joined us this week and shared your wonderful card at CCCB :-)

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! The country pinwheel design looks amazing!! Love, love it!! And what a beautiful picture!!Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your card is darling. Those papers you used to create your card is o beautiful. Love the quilt pattern too. Very nicely put together! Thanks for sharing your cards with us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

OMG ... This is really something! What a terrific card Diane ... you always come up with something wonderful Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB and the photo is fabulous ... aren't they pretty girls! Now where are you?

Primitive Seasons said...

This card is really special. It must have taken some time to get the pinwheel pieces in place but the effect was worth it. From a quilter, it's exquisite! Wedding party is gorgeous!

Mary

Kristi said...

What an awesome card! I really love the piecing and "quilting" you've done! It turned out really gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! You came up with a beauty, yourself! Love, LOVE this! Nice job! Pretty new stamps. Never heard of that company. Loving pic of the the girls. The bride is so cute with her freckles!

Dianne said...

Well Diane, I think your card is GOR-GE-OUS, it's a BRILLIANT make love the design, dare I say designer worthy, well I will and it is:O) thanks for sharing.The bride and bridesmaids, stunning girls..

rudlis said...

Stunning design and gorgeous card!
I love pinwheel.
Have a great day!!!
Rudlis

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh my goodness Diane, LOVE your card, so gorgeous! Love the quilt pattern plus embossing, like it's a real quilt. Great job and great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at CCCB :) Hugs, Wendy

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Diane! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)