Thursday, June 6, 2013

Let's Get Trendy Sequins Challenge

I found a "new to me" blog called "Lets Get Trendy"
I now know it is a cool blog that just thanks it's readers
with 5 cool, free workshops a month..not a challenge blog....
now is that fun or what...I think so!!!
 
The workshop for the second day was/is "Sequins"
I have seen lots of sequins being used around blogland lately,
in fact my friend "Kristi" at "Kristi's Paper Creations" uses them quite often
take a peek at her blog as she does beautiful work!!
 
 
For this card I went with a bit of a vintage look and used some things from "my stash"
I knew I had sequins somewhere, and found a trim card of them....
I glued them to the wings of the Sizzix bird...
my bird looked so regal I just had to add a crown.....
I didn't add lots of layers, wanted my bird to be the focus!!
 
It is a cooler, on and off again rainy day (and I am glad)
glad, because I am exhausted from my busy week so far.....
dance recital on Sat, the graduation on Sunday, a first grade "bug" presentation on Tuesday,
a granddaughters ball game after the presentation and another ball game last night....
whew...I need a break...so today...I am in my creative room to work on a few challenges
and the UPS man came with two boxes of goodies for me to play with.....
and speaking of challenges...I have a bunch of them I enjoy listed on my blog if interested...
 
and a good piece of news, if you have Pinterest, have you noticed it now lets you
know if you have already pinned something...woowho!!!!
If you don't have Pinterest...take a peek at my boards (link above)
and one other thing...I will share my DT news with you all tomorrow...exciting for me
and there is "something" for you as well!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the sequins!!

Lisa said...

OOhh, this is gorgeous, Diane!! The sequins look amazing!! Love the shiny crown, too!! Fabulous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful!!!!!

yyam said...

Whoa! Way to rock the sequins!

Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

P/s: We are not a challenge blog. Just a workshop to thank our blog readers for their support. :)

Ros Crawford said...

I think you rocked this challenge (Good style! as we say here in Liverpool!) Terrific card Diane...

We are having lovely weather for a change ... Have a lovely weekend!

Darlene said...

Now that's what I'm talking about! FABULOUS use of sequins ... just gorgeous on your birds wing and the entire design is FANTASTIC! Well done my friend ...
Still kind of rainy here today too so I'm with you ... think I'll do a bit more creative work INDOORS today!
HUGS ... keep up the awesome work!

~amy~ said...

Way to rock the challenge...I love how you've incorporated the sequins....such a lovely card! Thanks fo much for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now 3!

Kristi said...

Oh~My~Gosh!!! I'm so in love with this card!!! Great job and wonderful work with the sequins♥♥

Thanks for the shout out too!!♥

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is FABULOUS!! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Trendy 3!!!!