Thursday, June 20, 2013

Clean and Neutral

Okay, last night I was looking thru my list of challenges to do....
I am sooooo addicted to the challenges, it's crazy!!
 
So, I came across one that is simply "fish"......
I laid in bed for it seems like hours trying to come up with a "fish" card....
I have about 6 different fish stamps...nothing clicked for me....
So, then I also came across a couple of challenges
one for "geometrics" and one for "hexagons"....
so after the hours of thinking of fish then I drove myself nuts
thinking of hexagons.....
sometimes being a card maker can send you to the crazy house!!!
 
So, instead I decided to do one of my all time favorite challenge blogs
this week it is "clean and neutral".....okay that I can deal with...lol
oh, and I want to "thank" City Crafters for once again putting me
in the "spotlight" for week 162 Pride and Prejudice, I appreciate it!!
 
 
This card came together very easy (thank goodness)....
as I used some of my "stash".....
I have these clear card bags that I have sorted some things into by color
I want to use up, bits and pieces of die cuts, stamped images and such...
that is where all of this card came from.....
the background is one I stamped with white embossing powder
and the birdie cut out is from a bag of Kaiser Craft ephemera I purchased eons ago!!

9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Hahha! I did the same thing! We must like the same challenges ...
Your card is simply beautiful! Absolutely perfect Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB! and well done on your spotlight ... so deserved

Darlene said...

WOW! Congrats on the spotlight and THIS card is AMAZING! You are SO CLEVER! Love the design and the flower is GORGEOUS! Did you make that? AWESOME!
Hmmmm a 'fish' card you say ... I too would lose sleep over that one! But you've caught my interest and NOW I will have to look and see what I have in my stash along that line! THANKS!!!
HUGS from OHIO!

Darnell said...

Breathtaking, Diane! I just want to touch it!!

Anonymous said...

Funny! I am starting to play along at some of the challenges and also do that !! Your card is sooooo beautiful!!! I love the bird and details!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB :-)

Lisa said...

What a beautiful cut you've used!! The flower is just gorgeous!! Love this my friend - it's fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

You're much more organized with your scraps than I am, and look what came of it! This is really beautiful in the neutrals. Fabulous die cut. I laughed out loud at your description of laying awake at night thinking of first one challenge and then another. I can picture it easily, but usually thinking of stamping helps me drift off. Thanks for the chuckle!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very pretty, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Lyndal said...

Perfect NOT FISH card Diane!!!
Yep it can drive you crazy - then again sometimes I begin to wonder if being crazy is what drove me to card making in the first place LOL!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh wow Diane, this is so gorgeous! Absolutely love it!
And you know, since I'm on the cccb team, I go nuts every week, lol. I spend way too much time tossing around to think of what to create.
Anyway, I'm happy you're with us again this week at cccb! Thanks :)