Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Red~White~Blue Mojo Monday Sketch 296

Yikes, I cannot see my followers on blogger, nor can I see some of yours....
this is super annoying, as I can't seem to fix it....
it happened once before, and at some point fixed itself...
so is anyone else having this issue???
Can "you" see my followers????
 
Anywho enough of my blogger nonsense...lol...
and onto my creation for today!!
 
I rarely do sketches, as I am terrible at them....I mean it,, really terrible!!
But I decided to give it try once again, and am actually kind of pleased with my "efforts"!
 
 
I like the Mojo Monday sketches...alot....
and decided to give it a whirl.....
 
 
and also this week Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog is Red~White~Blue
so I combined the two challenges, something I rarely do is combine challenges....
my mind just doesn't connect with more then one thing at a time...and I "ain't" kidding!!
 
I used a couple of Cheery Lynn dies for this, the newer and sweet Italian Flourish Tiny
that's the white doily you see
and when you purchase the Polynesian Sails Oval die, in the center of the die is this little
doily...which I call a "bang for your buck", as you get two great dies for the price of one...
it's like a little extra bonus!!
 
Everything else I used is "stash"....the stripes I stamped with an old SU stamp
old star brads I bet I have had for 10 years, old RWB ribbon, a bit of rick rack
and punched my star with a SU punch.....
I did a bit of stitching around the card as well, a look I like to use once in awhile....
 
Well off to workk outside, it's cooler here, it's perfect for outside work...see ya!!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card, Diane!! I love the different elements you used!! It looks amazing!! I can see your followers. Blogger is so annoying sometimes. This happened to me a while ago and I think it did just fix itself. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Teresa Kline said...

luv this, I adore anything Americana..sweeet...hope you have a wonderful week!

Stop by my blog and leave a comment here for a chance at my giveaway
http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2013/06/mojo-mondaymojo296-hello.html

enjoy *~*

Unknown said...

Perfect for the Fourth of July! Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Ros Crawford said...

Yes I can see your followers ... Your card is fabulous!! What a brilliant take on the sketch! Love the doilies!

Dianne said...

Well you have conquered the sketch thing, this card is perfect for it great 4th of july card. I can see your followers, blogger seems to just do its own thing, I'm always having trouble with the darn thing, I'd like to change, but everything I use is with google so have to stick with it, oh well I'll not sweat the small stuff as the saying goes:) thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day..

Lori said...

What a lovely all American card...just beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn's Challenge and best of luck.

Darlene said...

This is such a beautiful creation Diane! LOVE how you've used the R/W/B elements! FANTASTIC!

Joann said...

Hi Diane,
This is a lovely card, perfect for the Red, White and Blue theme. Well done and thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Kristi said...

You've been so busy this week! I'm sorry I'm so late getting around to visiting you,but it was worth the wait! Love this one too!

artisan98 said...

Love this sketch and the card! I think I will do one using it.....

artisan98 said...

Diane...ty for your lovely comment on my blog! I would love to do your challenge but when I posted on Sher Browns challenge project link it is a sketch challenge and she did a summer card...so, Im a bit confused on which to do. ty