Saturday, June 1, 2013

Crepe Paper Poppy

I have a HUGE love for Poppies...
they stand out big and bold in my garden...
and this year they are stunning...
I have several colors, but orange being the most....
 
I also have some bright red ones, that friends and family oohh and aahh over...
that is how I decided to come up with this card.....
The challenge at Papercraft Star is "handmade flowers"
 
 
I purchased a roll of red crepe paper at the dollar store...
when I make another one, I will double up the crepe paper petal to make a bit more firmer...
just a tip if you make one too, as I think it would hold it's shape better.....
I am also entering this in the grad/anniversary card challenge at "Shopping Our Stash"
which is a challenge blog to use up some of your stash....
the older stash I am using is the word "Love" that had been cut, but never used...
The die I used is from the Susan Tierny Cockburn line.....she has great videos on "you tube"
for each of her dies, and also Sizzix has printable pdf's for them....
 
 
I didn't have all the supplies she used, but made do with what stash I had on hand.....
I can highly reccommend these dies...easy to use..and makes flowers to perfection!!!
Supplies used are at the end of the post
 
 
Today, I am sharing pictures I took of some of the poppies from my gardens...
but have to add, the pictures do not do it justice at all.... 


 
Supplies used:....
Sizzix Susan's Garden Poppy die
Design Objectives embossing folder
Flower soft...Black
Gelato...Black

12 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow, Diane! This is gorgeous! Love your poppy! The one's in your garden aren't too shabby either!

Mihaela said...

Beautiful poppy!!!

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is awesome! You did a great job on the paper flower but I agree (after my first try with these dies) more layers/petals are required.
Your real poppies are beautiful! I have a few out front and they make me smile every time I look at them with their BRIGHT POP of ORANGE color. Looks really cool with all my purple petunias too! Nice color contrast!
You have such a wonderful green thumb ... one of these days I'll get to see these gardens in person! But until then I'll have to Oooohh and AAwwww over them in your photos ... keep sharing!
Have a fabulous weekend ...
HUGS from OHIO!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning, Diane!! The poppy is almost as beautiful as your garden ones!! The embossing looks amazing!! This is fabulous my friend!! And I'm in awe of your amazing garden!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

BEARKIS said...

Beautiful card,love it!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Gosh this is fabulous! Your poppy certainly has the WOW! factor ... and your garden It's HUGE!! It looks splendid with your beautiful poppies and so much more!
Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star Diane ... have a lovely day!

Linda Breedlove said...

Oh wow... what an amazing garden. Your poppies are gorgeous... it must take hours of work to keep all that space looking so wonderful.
Your crepe paper poppy is just as amazing as the real ones... what a lovely creation!!!

Dianne said...

GORGEOUS flower Diane, I like working with crepe paper, I must look on youtube how I can make it without the die. make, I love even the pods of the poppies.Your card needs nothing else,the poppy is so beautiful, I do like the ribbon you added.Thanks for sharing..

Leslie Miller said...

I ran out of room and sun for poppies, but, oh, yours are so gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing the garden pic. It makes my little gardener's heart happy! The poppy on your pretty card looks so real! The crepe paper is perfect for it. Very natural. Oh, I wish I had my poppies back again! I should check out that challenge. Thanks for the link!

Misti said...

Gorgeous card!! Your poppies are lovely!!! I keep saying I'm going to try to grow some.

lauren bergold said...

such a gorgeous poppy on your lovely card, and the ones in your garden are beautiful, as well! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us so very cleverly!!! ♥

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh wow! The crepe texture makes such a perfect poppy petal! So realistic. I love the embossing & all the other lovely details of your card too :)