Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Colored Vellum Flowers

I did a wonderful fun challenge last night from the Capture The Moment blog
at Papertrey Inks "Make It Monday"
It was so fun and the video showing the "hows" made it so easy to do
you "gotta" take a look at some of the other fab entries, as they are GOR-G-EOUS
 
 
The stamp is stamped with versamark ink on vellum cardstock...
I can't believe I even had vellum cardstock....'but I did, it's one of those things I
"had to have" about a year ago and hadn't a clue what to do with it...lol
This was a fun project and certainly very different.....
and my cardstock I used was one I had already embossed, so it came out of my "stash".....
and can you believe the flowers were colored in with a Q-tip??


 
Supplies used:
Papertrey Ink stamp from "Friendship Jar Fillers"
SU inks and pens:  Apricot Appeal, Poppy Parade, Certainly Celery, Old Olive
SU Vellum cardstock
Versamark and white EB powder
Ribbon scrap

21 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW this turned out gorgeous Diane! You did such a beautiful job on these vellum flowers. I have to look through my STUFF ... I know I have vellum cs somewhere! Hopefully I'll find it in time to play along with this challenge! Great job!
HUGS!

Linda S. said...

Such pretty flowers. Love your colors.

Kathryn A said...

Beautiful flowers! I love the embossed background, as well!

Lisa said...

WOW, my friend, this is stunning!! The flowers look amazing!! I absolutely love them!! The ribbon is a perfect touch!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Danielle Flanders said...

How sweet! Those flowers are so cute.

Colleen said...

Awesome flowers...!! Did you hand cut them out? They are really gorgeous.

Primitive Seasons said...

Great job on the flowers Diane. I really have to try this. There's so much of this now on Pinterest.

Mary

Jane C. said...

What a beautiful card. Love how cheerful it is.

Nancy Penir said...

Wow! Lovely background that came from the stash! Your flowers turned out beautiful!

tonyamaries said...

Beautiful card and great job on the flowers!

Farley said...

What a sweet card. Love the bouquet effect.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So beautiful! I really like your coloring!

Ros Crawford said...

You did a wonderful job with that technique ... this is beautiful!

Dianne said...

The flowers are gorgeous, I love them, the embossed background and the beautiful bow, just getting better and better, Love it Diane..

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow! Amazing fussy cutting - gorgeous coloring!

Darnell said...

You did a magnificent job with this MIM tutorial card, Diane! Just excellent!

And thank you for the printer info!

Carolanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! LOVE the layout and background embossing. Your flowers are just colored and cut perfectly!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Your flowers are beautiful but also your background is stunning!

Kristi said...

This is so pretty! Love the background and the vellum flowers!

Leslie Miller said...

Those flowers are stunning! Beautiful shading, and truly divine on the vellum. There you go with the scraps again. Good job using them up!

Lynne said...

Your card turned out totally awesome! The colors are beautiful. This is such a fun technique!