Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Baby Girl and Pink Spring

My project is below,
but I had to tell you about 'the storm'!

Now that a week has passed, I wanted to share with you
the storm we had on Feb 28th.
The saying 'out like a lion and in like a lamb' has so far been true
as we certainly had our lion that night.

We had 3 tornado's touch down about 9pm 
without any warning at all, and our home sat
dead center in the middle of all three.
I thought it was going for sure, as our closet doors in the master
bedroom were rattling (all windows were closed.).
You can see why with the picture below of the temps we had
going from the 60's to 30's in short order!
We are the blue dot you see before it got here, it hit about 40 minutes later
and the picture shows it over  (covering) Lake Michigan, it was a HUGE storm.  We are about 25 miles east of Lake Michigan


My hubby was up in the garage (our home sits down in, tucked on a creek)
in his man cave watching TV and hardly even heard it.
Me, on the other hand was terrified as I heard the roar
and trees coming down and snapping, all sounds I hope to never hear again.
In talking to the neighbors behind us and across the creek,
they thought all their windows were going to blow in,
they had monster big trees uprooted, as we did in our woods,
the hubs spent Sunday cleaning out trees with the backhoe that had fallen
 in and across the creek
We were very lucky  the tornado went over us
and never touched ground here,
I hid in the hall linen closet as we have no basement or
bathtubs to get in, just walk in showers.
It touched down 3 miles north of here and 8 miles east of us and 8 miles south!

Here is one of the pictures of a big tree uprooted at my step-son's farm,
he was lucky like us as it never touched it's ugly tail down.
(sorry the picture is so blurry, took it from a distance on my phone).


Okay now that, that is out of the way, moving on!

 I saw a 'new to me' challenge
and wanted to join in since I just won a beautiful packet of papers
that just happened to be Lemoncraft and I need a baby card.


The challenge is Pink Spring and is from Lemoncraft themselves
using the pretty mood board below for inspiration.



The papers I am using are Tiny Miracles.....
so very dainty, soft and dreamy!



I went with a baby card for my 'Pink Spring' creation.

Most of the papers are all Lemoncraft,
this is my first time using them and I have to say they are a fabulous quality!

I started with the pink gingham background (part of the paper pack)
and stitched it down (I am surprised I survived that as my sewing table
is an avalanche of 'stuff').....but sometimes I think stitching just adds so much!



I die cut a star, giraffe, and some leaves and such to add to my flower
'arrangement'.
I have to admit, I have been 'die-ing'  to die cut that silly giraffe..lol!
He kind of looks like he is eating the leaves of the flowers.
(all dies used are listed below)



I added a few gingham 'candi's' to finish.

Entering the following challenges:
Lemoncraft .... Pink Spring (x)
Dragonfly Dreams .... Girlie + Die Cuts/Punch (m)
Scrapyland .... ATG (4/02)
Scrap and Craft ....Celebrations (birth of a baby) (m)



Products Used:
Papers:  Lemoncraft
Dies:  CLD Whimsical Giraffe,
CLD Stacker Flower #1 Leaf,
PoppyStamps Sylvan Sprig,
Marianne Star
Various flowers, candi's

9 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Holy cow, Diane, you must have been so scared! Maybe you would have been somewhat safe in your closet, but your hubby... maybe not so safe. He must have had the TV turned up loud. If it was that bad without touching down at your place, I shudder to think what would have happened if it had. That's just way too close for comfort. And three of them! I do hope you never have to hear that sound again!

Now, about that utterly adorable, sweet, darling baby card... I LOVE baby cards! The giraffe is so cute, and all the flowers with the gingham are gorgeous. It's just perfectly designed, and your stitching is awesome! I never change colors in my machine. Lazy, you think? Glad you survived both the stitching and the tornadoes!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Diane, I am so, so glad you are safe and the tornado didn't touch down. The storms were scary. None touched down around here but there were trees and branches everywhere. I spent the night in the basement just in case. What is up with Mother Nature?? We are in the 60's this week and now they're calling for maybe 6 inches of snow on Saturday. Ugh. I want spring!!

Oh my gosh, your card is stunning!! I love the sweet giraffe and the beautiful flowers!! The layers are amazing!! You used the papers perfectly!! This is so gorgeous, my friend!! I love, love it!! Thank you so much for playing along with our Lemoncraft Pink Spring Challenge and at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

OMG! I remember when we talked that day how scared you were and now I can visually see why! Maybe the fact that your house is set down in was a blessing ... never sure if you're better off high or low! But I think LOW since they say if you're driving and get in the path of one you are to go to the lowest spot like a ditch or something! Either way I'm SO GLAD you are both SAFE!!

Your card is ADORABLE! Isn't that little giraffe sweet .. I just love him! Always makes me smile! LOVE the soft pink tones and how awesome your 'candy' matches your background paper! BEAUTIFUL baby creation! Great idea to use the die cut star too (will have to remember that! lol) FABULOUS creation and awesome inspiration Diane!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow, what a scary situation! I would have been terrified too!Thank goodness it went over you and never touched down.

Your card is precious! That little giraffe is super cute and with all those lovely flowers - just a gorgeous little baby card!

Ros Crawford said...

Sweet friend I am so very happy that you are safe ... I have only ever seen tornados on the movies and that scares me! I can't even comprehend being caught up in a storm like that. Here's hoping that no more pass your way.

Your card is so adorable! I love all those pretty flowers and that giraffe is so cute! Enjoy your day... Sending hugs

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful card !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

vairatka said...

So sweet card!
Thank you for joining us at Lemoncraft challenge :)

Tanya SonataJoy said...

Very nice card! Thank you for joining us at Lemoncraft challenge!

Randi Th. said...

So sweet card!
Thank you for sharing with us over at Scrap & Craft Inspiration. Good luck!
Hugs Randi :)