Monday, March 20, 2017

Cupcake Delight

Happy first day of SPRING!!
Our day rolled in about 3:30 am with
thunder storms and more to come this afternoon.
I could definitely do Spring without the storms!

The new March release (14 dies)is out at Tutti Designs
and it is all about birthdays!
However, these dies would work for lots of different occasions.

I have a card to share using one of the new dies
'Cupcake' #291.


I cut the die in four different colors, then paper pieced
it all together on black card stock.

I added 'sprinkles' by filling each little cutout on the cupcake
with Nuvo Crystal Drops which matched perfectly.
The colors I used were
If you haven't tried these yet they are really neat to use
and also very reasonable.
(I have the links above if interested).

A bow was added to the card to finish,
but i have to admit, I actually built the colors around this card
with the colors of the ribbon....works for me..lol.

Entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Monday .... Layer It Up (x)
Jo's Scrap Shack .... ATG (x)

8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Ha1 It's dark and wet here too! Not a bit like Spring! Thankfully your card is just the opposite... Fabulous and cheerful!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fun card Diane! Love the use of the Crystal drops!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love how you pieced the die together with the colors!! The ribbon is perfect!! So festive and fun!! Happy Spring, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

WOW! What a celebration! Loving the happy bright colors and the inlaid look of your dies! The colors are fun and fabulous and that matching ribbon is awesome! Happy Spring....hope the day brightens like your card!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Cute ribbon, great die! Just look how those colors pop against the black! I took a peek at the Tutti shop and there were your samples. I don't know how you do it all, Diane. Happy spring back at'cha. We had one sunny day yesterday and now a whole week of rain forecast. Did I already mention that?

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Those Nuvos really pop the white against the black, don't they, Diane? It's a beautiful design, and the Tutti frame is fantastic with all those dangling hearts! I admire your steady hand in the Nuvos LOL - Darling card with a matching ribbon! hugs, de

Catherine said...

What a fun and colorful card! I love the design and all the pretty layers. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card 🙂 Thank you for playing along with us at Jo’s Scrap Shack.
Tina-DT