Sunday, March 19, 2017

Flowers Silhouettes #2


This is my blog post on the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog today


Hi Diane with you today and showing a card using the newly released stamp set 'Flowers Silhouettes'


I started by stamping the image on card stock with green ink and filling in the leaves with Copic pens and adding a touch of Emerald Green Nuvo Glimmer Paste to each leaf.  
I knew I wanted each flower not only to be a different color, but a bright color, so I embossed each one with Versamark and different colors of embossing powders.  I inked with Versamark, then embossed, then I did the same for each flower, one at a time.


Once each flower was embossed, I used a 1" round  punch 
for each separate flower.  I didn't worry too much about the butterfly showing on the red one as shown below, as I stamped and colored it
separate as well, then popped it up on the flower later, covering it up on the punched flower.


These are the colors of embossing powders I used:
Don't they just look yummy??


Here they are after each one was done, I popped each flower up with a foam dot.


I used an IO cloud die to stamp the sentiment on using Versamark ink and Red Apple embossing powder.
The center of each flower was dotted with Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss Ebony Black.
I stamped each butterfly, then fussy cut out with Tonic 5" mini Scissors.


I used a Joy Crafts Grass die, coated it with Nuvo Glue Pen Large
then Mountain Mint Velvet glitter.
I attached it to my card front with 1/8" Tear-ific Tape.
The base was then adhered to a black card stock base with


  I was pleased with the way it turned out, so bright and cheerful!!

6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very bright and cheery. Lovely card Diane!

Unknown said...

This is so happy and fun! Love the glittery round flowers. We have snow today, but I am sure my yard will look exactly like this tomorrow, you know, the 1st day of Spring! Love your bold and beautiful card!

Lisa said...

So gorgeous, Diane!! I love your round flowers!! They look amazing!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

What a wonderful post, Diane! I love the pretty EP on each flower, popped up like that! Great design idea! Love your pretty, brightly colored card? Hugs, de

Ros Crawford said...

OMG this is gorgeous! Love the clean and crisp look!

Leslie Miller said...

I love those circle punched flowers! How fun! Now you've given me ideas. I'll have to look at my embossing powders, but I have limited colors. Don't make me buy more colors, Diane! There's only so much space in the little rack I have for them. This is so cute!