Sunday, March 12, 2017

Patriotic Girlfriends

Today I have a card to share using one of the new stamps released
for March at Sparkle N Sprinkle and it is
Patriotic Girlfriends.


I started out with making my background with a Stampendous stencil
'Fireworks'.
I taped it down with painters tape, top, sides, then bottom, 
this way when ready, you remove the bottom, sides, then lift from the bottom like a hinge
and it removes the top piece, leaving the embossed paste 'unharmed' until dry.

I used Dreamweavers white embossing paste over the stencil.


As soon as I removed the stencil I added Liberty glitter.
then set it aside to let it dry (it drys pretty fast)


I then mounted it on a piece of navy blue card stock.


The image was colored with copics, then fussy cut out.
I applied Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Fresh Copper to the drum base
and Indian Corn embossing powder to the drum ends.

I also rubbed a bit of Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Cornflower Blue to
the uniforms to give a worn and primitive look.

The sentiment was stamped with Versamark,
then embossed with Gold Detail embossing powder.








Stamp:  PatrioticGirlfriends #827
Glitter:  Liberty G1026
Embossing Powder:  GoldDetail EP168
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Fresh Copper 809N,
“          “Cornflower Blue 806N,
Versamark VM-001Misc:  
Dreamweavers EB Paste

8 comments:

Darlene said...

This is such a fabulous card and the sparkle on the fireworks is AWESOME! Well done!

Ros Crawford said...

What lovely dimension you achieved here ... Truly a unique and fabulous card Diane!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Love your glittery background, that looks awesome! I love your Patriotic Girlfriends, we just finished (for the 2nd time) watching John Adams, I am in a Patriotic mood! :) Fantastic!

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! The fireworks are perfect with the image!! I love the sparkle!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh! You did an amazing job on this, Diane! I'm totally blown away!

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous! That stencil is perfect with this stamp.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great idea to do the firework stencil as the background! Looks fabulous!

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

The dimensions are awesome!!