Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Out For A Stroll


I have a 'just for fun' card today.
I saw this inspiration palette at 
and just had to play along
being the cat lover I am...lol!

m1517

I have quite a few cat stamps (dogs too) and cannot resist a challenge
that includes them IF I can find the time.
Well, I am making the time today!

I created a VERY CAS card with a tiny bit of humor in it..lol.


I embossed a tree, added a few birds to it, for a bit of color.

I stamped the cat stamp with Versamark then Black  Detail embossing powder
from Sparkle N Sprinkle.....I love how it looks a little 'furry'.

For a tiny bit of the humor I mentioned above,
I popped a little birdie on the cat's tail...
(and I am sure he is not even aware of it...LOL)
I wonder where that cat is going, he looks like he is on a mission!

This stamp has a date on it of 1991...YIKES...that's 26 years old
(I must of purchased it when I was 2....hahahahaha)!!!

Entering the following challenges:
The House That Stamps Built ....Inspiration Palette (above)
Pile It On ....Humor/Puns
Stamping Sensations .... Close To Nature (x)
Cards In Envy .... Black and White
Retro Rubber .... ATG (1991 Stamp) (x)
Make My Monday .... White Embossing (4/01)

18 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, I must have been stamping when I was 2, also! That's a pretty kitty, though, and an awesome embossed tree. Too funny with the bird hitching a ride. Kinda reminds me of my Marvin when he was older. He probably wouldn't have minded.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! That kitty is so cute...and determined!! I love that you added the bird to his tail :) Love the tree, too!! You had great taste in stamps when you were two ;) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Love that tree and your sweet little kitty cat with bird topped tail lol

Heather said...

This is super cute! I love that embossed tree; it looks fabulous. And that little birdie on the tail really makes this card! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Neva Cole said...

Clean and simple but oh so fun! Lovely job combining the challenges too. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Jan Clothier said...

Such a lovely use of a very neutral colour scheme. I love the wee bird on the cat's tail. If it was a magpie, it would be poised to take revenge as it looks a bit as though the cat has a bird in his mouth. Maybe it's just his exuberant whiskers! The stamp might win a prize for 'most retro stamp of the challenge' :-) Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber for our Anything Goes challenge.

Ros Crawford said...

From one cat lover to another... This is Purrrfect!

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Darling card, Diane, with the cutest little bird riding the cat's tail. WONDERFUL design! hugs, de

brenda said...

A really lovely cat image and super CAS creation and as you say with a little humor, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Claire Grantham said...

Wonderfully CAS card love the cat on the tail..that is a seriously 'retro' stamp, so glad that you dug it out and played along with at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable card! Love the cat stamp and the embossed tree! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Basslady said...

awww...i love the cat image!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Marlies said...

A beautiful caard with a lovely design. I love the way you did the tree! Thanks fro joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Christine Traversa said...

I looove cat stamps! So clever to emboss the tree and add the birds! Thanks so much for joining the RR challenge!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Super adorable! Love the little bird riding on the cat's tail! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

Anila Dikay said...

Cute n fun card.. Thank u for joining us at Make my Monday challenge..
GDT Anila

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love that fun touch of the bird on the cat lol. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Cazro said...

A super card, I love how you have created a story with only a few stamps along with the embossed tree. I love the addition of the small birds, including the one on the cat's tail. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Good luck. Caz DT.