Friday, March 24, 2017

Beautiful Moments

Today I have a card I made for the March release at
Sparkle N Sprinkle using the stamp set
Bonnet Bouquet
choosing to use just one of sentiments from the set
and also the single flower.


I started by die cutting two dies,
a Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Rectangle
and
a Cheery Lynn Designs Chicken Wire Frame.


Next I applied a Super Adhesive sheet (this is sticky on BOTH sides) 
over the rectangle background,
then the chicken wire on top.


I die cut a smaller rectangle and stamped the sentiment with Versamark
then embossed with Indian Spark embossing powder.
I then adhered this to the center.


Next I simply trimmed around the edges.


Once trimmed, I covered the entire 
sticky paper with Sunny Daze glitter.


Using Nuvo Mousse embellishment Aquamarine,
and a Want2Scrap chipboard bird


I rubbed (with my 'finger' tool) the mousse onto the bird.
I did several layers until I was satisfied with the covering.


While still wet, I sprinkled Sparkling Sea flocking on
to give a slight look of 'feathers'!


I stamped the flower, colored it with Copics,
then fussy cut it out for the bird to 'perch' on.
The bird was then 'popped' up on the card.


I will have another post on the 30th, 
once again using this set, but this time it will be the 'main' image....
please come back and visit me to see it...thank you!!

Entering the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments ...Any sentiment but Birthday

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that sparkly yellow! It's so pretty with the flower sprigged paper and the chicken wire. Your sentiment and bird sure are a perfect color match. I love that you made the bird fuzzy. Those finger tools are still some of the best!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so lovely ... I honestly thought that bird was cut from felt!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the colors Diane and the chicken wire background is gorgeous over the sparkly yellow. Beautiful colors.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL colors! I also love that glitter goodness and that sweet, sweet birdie! Lovely sentiment and such a pretty font too!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! That yellow sparkle is fabulous!! I love the sweet bird, too!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Elle Kay said...

Very beautiful card. It is gorgeous! No words to describe how pretty it is! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments challenge blog!