Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Double D Challenges Think Spring

Time for a new challenge at the
Double D Challenge blog.
The challenge is being hosted by Team Diane and the theme is
'Think Spring' 
and using the gorgeous inspiration board below.



I love this board  but had a hard time deciding on which way
I wanted to go with it.
In the end, I knew I had just recently purchased a new die
and that is would make the perfect Spring wreath!



I have LOTS of white space on this card and it is a big one
5 1/2" x 5 1/2", but I like it as it is so clean!

I went with the wreath from the mood board and the tulips next to it.
I first thought of usng the daffodils, but my flowers didn't turn out so I trashed them....

For the wreath, I used the new die (to me) from 
Precious Marieke Fleur-De-Lis Frames.
This is a nice 'big' frame.



I added a few tulips (Memory Box) that I colored with my copics,
and a last snippet of ribbon from my stash (and RRR).
I stamped the sentiment, then 'perched' my tiny little bird on it...
loving the little pop of pink!

I finished with a few little pearls...and done!

Take a visit to the Double D Challenge blog as the team
always, always have gorgeous creations to inspire you!!

Entering the following challenges:
Memory Box #22 .... Ribbons (mostly always for bows) (x)
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG (x)
Tuesday Throwdown .... Things With Wings (x)
Crafty Gals .... Add Ribbon (x)
Scrapyland .... ATG with a die (x)
Path of Positivity  Birth of New Beginnings (m)


Products Used:
Dies:  Precious Marieke Fleur-De-Lis Frames,
Spellbinders Nested Lacey Pennants,
Memory Box Meadowbird Branch
Memory Box Dancing Tulips
Stamps:  JustRite Nature's Nested Sentiments
Other:  Su Certainly Celery Ink, RRR Ribbon,
Pearls, button, Copics

19 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This definitely makes me think of Spring! It's so pretty ... Today it is sunny but we've had snow, sleet and mots of wintery weather ... Come on Spring!

Unknown said...

All things beautiful, all things Spring! Lovely wreath, beautiful flowers and I adore that sweet little bird!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful vibrant card Diane, love the wreath.xx[aNNie]

Darlene said...

OMG I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! Those yellow tulips are just beautiful with the lime green gingham ... SCREAMS SPRINGTIME! Oh and I just spotted that sweet birdie ... awesome creation Diane! Brought an instant smile to my face and lifted my spirits ... thanks!

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful spring colors on the pretty wreath. Love you green gingham bow.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the wreath!! The bird is so beautiful!! Gorgeous spring card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lilian said...

Just beautiful!!! Love the wreath! And the flowers!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Leslie Miller said...

Yellow tulips and a spring green wreath, gingham bow and a flowery bird... it just doesn't get any sweeter!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is GORGEOUS, Diane. You are SO super talented and I always love seeing the creative ways you can use die-cuts. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by Word Art Wednesday and play along in our challenges. It's such a blessing to have you join us and I hope you will visit again soon and often. Have a wonderful and creative week.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. i'd love to have you stop by my blog to say hello when you can.
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

This is so beautiful, Diane! I love tulips in the spring and yellow are my favorite. Your card makes me smile! Love the checked bow too!

Kim said...

This is beautiful. Love the die cuts and wreath is so cheery. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

craftysahmiam said...

Lovely card with all of it's delicate details and springy colors. I especially like the floral bird die cut

Lori Kobular said...

I love your beautiful "Rebirth of Spring" card! The wreath is so delicate and the yellow tulips are perfect! That bird is too sweet! Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Wow, this is so pretty Diane! Lovely spring colors and delicate die cuts. The little birdie fits perfectly with all the other elements.

Greta said...

Beautiful card--love the gingham bow!

Carol L said...

What a lovely spring make with that pretty wreath! I love the little bird and tulips, but that bow knocked it out of the park!

Pat said...

Delicious card. Perfect rendition of Spring in its coloring! Thank you for shring with us at the Path of Positivity!

Julie Odil said...

This is so very pretty! It is such a sign of spring. Thanks for joining us at the Path of Positivity challenge blog. Julie, DT member.

Helen said...

Beautiful - such an elegant design and perfect for our challenge.

Thanks for joining us at the Path of Positivity and I hope you'll join us again this month.

Helen x