Monday, March 27, 2017

Lily of The Valley

Anytime I see Lily of The Valley' it makes me think of my Mom.
Her birthday is in May and it is the May flower,
one she has always loved (those and Pansy's)..lol).
She will be 90 this May.
I don't see her everyday, but I call and talk to her everyday
and once a week I go and clean her house for her.
We have been 'best friends' for years and though things
have changed drastically for her the last few years,
our Mother/Daughter friendship will never go away!.


So my card today is of course made with a 
There are 3 different Lily of The Valley dies in the Tutti Store,
you should take a peek at them as all are beautiful.
I have had a few of them on in previous posts.

My card was extremely simple,
letting the die cut take center stage (along with the big bow of course).
I used scrap pieces of gorgeous Graphic 45 paper,
added the ribbon, die cut, colored the flowers and stems
and that was pretty much it.

Yes, there are 'pink' lily of the Valley.  
I bought a pink plant about 10 years ago,
it was a bit pricey, but now have enough I share
with any of my garden friends that want one.
Not all gardeners want them as lily of the valley
like to spread and take over a garden if not careful.
But, these pink ones seem to be much slower growers
then the others.
Thanks for visiting me today!

Entering the following challenges:
Come and Get It ....  Springtime (3/30)
Glitter and Sparkle .... Mother's Day/Girlie (4/01)

8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Such a wonderful card... I love lily of the valley and so did my Mum. I know you cherish you time with your Mum and I hope you have many more years to come.

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty! One of my client's has the pink ones too! I love how delicate they are! Your relationship sounds like mine and my Mom, isn't it so fantastic?!?! Next time you go cut some 'sticks' of Forsythia and put them in water, she can see Spring appear little by little each day (I do this for my Mom every year) Enjoy your visits! xo~

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card. Love the ribbon too.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The papers are beautiful!! The ribbon looks amazing!! My Mom's birthday is in May, too (and my Dads!!) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fun and beautiful card. Love the pretty paper with this die cut, just perfect. I have a patch of Lily of the Valley too, but only the white variety, which I keep in the one area!

Leslie Miller said...

You've touched my heart and got me thinking of my mom who passed several years ago at the age of 85. Her favorite flower was a white lily. I love the Tutti Lily of the Valley dies which you've used so beautifully several times. What gorgeous paper this is, too. Graphic 45... should have known!

StampinJessica said...

Such a beautiful spring card Nellie !
Thank you for joining the Come and Get It Challenge this week.
Good luck !
Jessica DT

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... love how your Lily of the Valley sprig mimics that in the paper! What a beautiful card Diane!!