Sunday, August 18, 2013

Halloween Shoes & Shoe Box

Back In April I had gone to a workshop at Joan's Gardens
 and she had
just received some of her new winter CHA items....
one of the items were the new Brenda Walton Sizzix Bigz dies....
 
 
When I saw the "ballroom slippers" I just had to have it....
 
This is the first time I have really had the time to play with it....
 
 
I decided to make a pair of Halloween shoes to display with my other Halloween décor....
I have a ton of Halloween stamps, papers and such
, but last year I hardly used any of it....
so it was fun to get an early start !!
 
 
There is a "youtube" about making a box for these shoes by
 "Live Love Scrap"
and they are super easy to make.....
the only thing I learned about the shoe itself is,
 if using the heel, you need to place it
in further from the back to make it stand up better.....
I made the flowers on the shoe with ribbon
and I know it is hard to tell,
but I added a bat on a wire coil in the middle
of the flower!
The star on the box is a paper mache one that I
painted back and then added glitter.....
 
 
I am entering this in the challenge at 
to "make the cut"
meaning use dies, punches, etc.....

14 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

The loveliest shoes ever! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the challenge.

Createology said...

Tuesday Shoesday is my favorite day of the week. These Halloween display shoes with proper shoe box are just uber fabulous. How fun to make a new creation for the holiday. Creative Happy Hearts...

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, these are FABULOUS, Diane!! Wow, I love them!! You decorated them perfectly!! The box is awesome, too!! What a fun Halloween project!! Now I want to go play with my Halloween stamps and goodies!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend my friend!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my! What a fabulous spooktacular project! What fun shoes! Love the shimmery 3D star! Thanks so much for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love all of the awesome halloween project here, I better get mine started, thanks for the inspiration!

Primitive Seasons said...

I love the shoes Diane and what great colors. And the star with the legs on the box is a really neat idea! Love the "fur" too!

Mary

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness what a great project!! This is fabulous ... Terrific shoes and I love the image on the box ... too funny!

Dianne said...

Hey Diane how are you,OMG, love those shoes they are the BOMB, I made some a long time ago but nothing like yours they are amazing, that flower is gorgeous, and the box is fabulous, outstanding work my dear, and your owl cad is fantastic, thanks for sharing all this inspiration and have a wonderful week..

Selma said...

Wow Diane. These shoes are simply fabulous. The cutest things I have ever seen.

~Tammy~ said...

Diane, this is just downright cool! I LURVE it!

Darlene said...

HOLY COW!!! These are AMAZING!! YOU GO GIRL!!! I am SO impressed! Love the matching box too ... oh what a cool project! FABULOUS!

Sherrie K. said...

WOWZERS....this is FABULOUS! I love the shoes and the matching box is so fun! Very creative!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Scrap for Joy said...

Oh my! The shoes are amazing but I love! the box, too! Great papers!
xoxo
Joyce

MiamiKel said...

Amazing!!!!!!!!!