Friday, August 16, 2013

Seize The Sketch #1

I found a brand new sketch challenge "Seize The Sketch"....
I don't do a lot of sketch challenges as I am not very good at them, sigh....
But I thought, why not give it a try for a change.....
 
 
My first thought was "washi tape....
and a pinwheel I had already made up.....
 
It is kind of plain on top, but I thought it was busy enough
without embossing the top portion...

 
Okay, and I have to admit, AFTER I had it all done, I got the bright idea to
distress it.....rather hard as the cardstock was already adhered....
oh well, I kind of, sort of like it!!
 
Now if I was really into confessions, I would tell you what really happened...
First I had a spider web designer paper adhered to the black cardstock,
added the washi, but it messed with the washi designs...
so I pulled it off and covered it with white cardstock and redid the washi
much better .......card was done,
and I thought, I think I will stamp some bats flying off the top edge...
bad idea...
they looked terrible...
now what to do??
so I added another piece of white cardstock on top to cover them up...
ugh....,adhered and not lined up perfectly...
so instead of crying (like I wanted to)....
I got the old Tim Holtz distress tool out...
it saved it...sort of...lol..
So that has been my creative day...not so good!!!
 
But I am working on some "better" projects for tomorrow!!

7 comments:

Crafty Moni said...

Your card turned out super cute! Loved how you bounced back from your " crafting mistakes." Our craft project visions don't always go as planed, (trust me I know lol) but we have to make the best of it, and you did an awesome job my friend, I love your card:) Not to mention loved your interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for sharing:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Lisa said...

Well, you certainly can't tell you had any problems with this card my friend!! It's fabulous!! I love the distressing!! The washi looks amazing!! And that pinwheel is gorgeous!! Awesome as always!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

In the end, it looks great! I wouldn't know you had struggled at all. I hate to say how many similar experiences I have had.

Darlene said...

LOL ... you are too funny my friend! I am SO GLAD you were able to recover from the trama ... LOL! This is FABULOUS ... I really, really like how it looks! WOW you have a lot of washi patterns ... something I don't have much of. Thanks for once again ENABLING me! Geesh! LOL! Great job Diane!!

Heather Rogers said...

Super cute! Love the little pinwheel. :)

Darnell said...

Love your honesty, Diane! It turned out great! We've all had those cards where we didn't know when to leave well enough alone, so I can relate to what you went through. Good for you for sticking it to it and not just tossing it and good for you for trying a sketch challenge! You should do more of them!!

Ros Crawford said...

Well I think it looks fabulous!! I love the final effect!