Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Green Challenge

 We are thinking GREEN at Double D
this time for our theme and have a fun green mood board
for inspiration but you can create anything you want as long as 
GREEN is your main focus!


I had something totally in mind for this challenge DT card
but forgot about it until I saw it later sitting there,
that's what happens when you get old, your mind isn't what
it used to be and you are 'forgetful'....sigh!!


A year or so back a friend of mine sent me a few Priority envelopes
of dies as she was getting out of the card making fun and this
Poppystamps Madison Door die was one of them.
The door has nice embossed panels but I couldn't get them
to show up well in my photos, but know that they are there
just like a real door!
I die cut it out of green and placed it on an embossed background panel by Paper Rose (wood panels).
I created the wreath using various pieces of die cuts,
added potted plants using The Greetery Sitting Pretty accessories
and a kitty cat from my stash of already die cuts!
The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn.

When I first die cut the door I had it upside down and couldn't figure out why it
cut one whole side open, once I figured out it was upside down
it made much more sense but I didn't have the packaging to see how it was 'suppose' to go. 
I only let a small portion of my door open  and tacked the rest down.

We would love to have YOU join us at Double D
and there is beautiful inspiration from the Design Team,
we also have a awesome GREEN prize to one random lucky winner,
so head on over and join in all the fun!!

Entering the following challenges:
PoppyStamps .... Die Cuts


12 comments:

Carol L said...

Loving that green door with the little cat waiting to go inside! Adorable scene with the wreath and those pots next to the door!

Donna Phelan said...

Curb Appeal! What an inviting home to enter! Love the shiplap background and your potted plants and little kitty. Very inviting, right down to that sweet little wreath on that pretty green door!

Vicki said...

Lovely! This door really speaks hello. The shiplap background and bright color of the door remind me of a "lake side" cottage. Pretty embellishments and love the kitty.

Doni High said...

What a sweet scene! I love how you left the door partially open.

Barbara said...

When I first saw this inviting card, of course saw the green door, but that background was surprising. Love it and it makes for a great home with, as Donna said, lots of curb appeal.

Darlene said...

LOVE this scene! That Madison door is awesome and just perfect for today! Which kitty is that sitting outside the door? What a fabulous scene ... well done my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

I don't know what your other idea was, but this sure is cute! It's so darling with the wreath and potted plants and of course you have to have a kitty sitting on the stoop. The embossing folder is really way cool. I love that and if I come across it I'll definitely pop it into my basket!

Judy Woodland said...

Well now isn't this just a perfect card for that Mood Board. Your background is so stinkin' cool, and that sweet wreath and kitty are the perfect final touches for this fabulous creation!

Birgit said...

What a sweet card! It looks like all the dies you used were made to coordinate with each other. The scales are all in perfect unison. I adore the sweet mottled kitty sitting at the door, perhaps waiting for a treat. So, so cute!! Beautifully done my friend!

Jeanne J. said...

Super cute! I'd love to live in this sweet house!

Rachel Duong said...

This is an inviting, wonderful card. I just love the green door and the texture in the house. The wreath and plants are details that give it the special touch!

Rachel Duong said...

Your card is wonderful and inviting. I love the green door and the texture on the siding. The potted plants and wreath add the extra special touch!