Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Trouble A Barrell of Monkeys Challenge

It's time for a new challenge theme at A Barrel of Monkeys 
which is all about using kids toys and games as our starting point and today
we have the fun game of TROUBLE.
How do you see it?
Maybe the colors, the shape, the dots/circles? 

My first thought was to use a dots stencil in all the colors
but while locking through my stencil notebook
I came across this swirl background stencil from Pink Fresh Studio
that I had noticed on someone else's blog and had to order it.
That's why I love it when blog posts are written up with supplies used!
Anyhow, it seemed to me to be the perfect choice for the card I had in mind.
I used all Distress inks for the main swirls,  mowed lawn, salty ocean,
festive berries and squeezed lemonade.  For the shadow swirls I used all
Memento Dew Drop inks.  The hello is from Paper Smooches and the word friend
is from Pink Fresh Studios.  I had some old clear gel like dots I added.

We would love to have you join us at
A Barrel of Monkeys challenge!

Entering the following fun challenges:
Ally's Angels .... ATG



1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh my gosh, Diane! Before I even scrolled down to the card I was thinking how you're always so clever to come up with ideas inspired by this challenge... but this is the epitome of inspired! The swirls, the colors the gel dots -- unbelievable! It's such a fun a happy card!