Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Yellow Green Color Challenge

Hello All, today is a new challenge color theme at
Colorful Options and it is a Yellow-Green option!

Here is our fun mood board to inspire.
Not a fan of yellow-green?  Then feel free to create
something in rainbow colors! 


I have to admit the color combo threw me a bit
but that is what a challenge is right?  To be challenged!!
But after seeing my BFF (Dar) use a marble background stamp she had just purchased
(back in May) it got me to thinking
'gee, I am sure I have a marble background stamp too'
so after digging through my SU stamps, sure enough I found it!!
(first time I have used it too)


To get the yellow/green color I wanted I first stamped it in 
TH Distress squeezed lemonade ink and then on top of that with TH
Distress Oxide twisted citron, which I think gave it a nice yellow/greenish effect.

I then pulled out an older (2015) Memory Box Butterfly Exhibit die
that I sponged TH Distress Oxide shabby shutters on.
The sentiment is Pink Fresh Studio.

I hope you will join us for our colorful challenge this month at 
Colorful Options!!

Entering the following challenges:
NBUS .... Never Before Used Schtuff
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG


4 comments:

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a super zesty colour creation on this beautiful card. The marble stamp is perfect as a background for those gorgeous butterflies. The bold hello is a great addition and really pops against the colours.

Marie

Carol L said...

WOW! That marbled background looks fantastic with those pretty butterflies in all different sizes! What a gorgeous card this turned out to be with those 2 colors!

Leslie Miller said...

That has to be one of the coolest background stamps ever and I LOVE how you inked it! What a refreshing card!

Darnell said...

I love how you two inspire each other, Diane! You were right about how perfect that marble stamp would work for a yellow and green inked background! And the floating butterflies make a beautiful overlay for your hello design! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell