Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Double D Challenges Silhouettes

New challenge starts today at Double D with Team Darlene hosting.
Darlene has chosen the theme of  'silhouettes'
and the fun mood board below for inspiration.



Since one of my many paper crafting resolutions this year was to
'use what I have'
I chose this silhouette image from Technique Tuesday
because I already had it stamped from a previous year or two. This is one of those images that the
Misti or The Stamp Platform would of come in
handy, as I could of stamped over it a few times to
get that really deep color I was going for....
on my list of 'must haves'! 


I have been liking the square cards lately and so I cut a card stock base 5" x 5".
I spent plenty of time looking for 'just the right' papers
and finally picked out 3 to use, and ended up using just one....
does that ever happen to you?

The background of my stamped image is an 'all over' cloud stamp
from Impression Obsession, which I think made the perfect
backdrop for the image.


The sentiment is part of the TT Fly stamp set.
I stamped directly onto the background (thank goodness it worked..lol)
and the second part of the sentiment on a little wood banner
(another bit of something I need to use up).
I really love the sentiment as I think more people in this world of ours
need to "Enjoy the little things"!

Make sure to head on over to Double D Challenges and see all the beautiful
and inspiring creations from both teams!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally! Because all of those little things make for some spectacular big things! Love that sentiment! Your silhouette images are so cute. We can all remember an afternoon of kite flying fun! This is great!

Vicki said...

Super fun and happy card, Diane! Flying a kite is one of my favorite childhood memories.

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous, Diane! I thought the clouds were part of the paper, but even better that they're stamped. What a great cloud background! And the kids are so cute. I like square cards, too, and sometimes they're just what you need for a certain image. Also, yes, I do that with the paper all the time. Get out three pieces and only use one. Whatever works. Dang, if we couldn't enjoy the little things I'd not have much to enjoy. Someone said life is a great bundle of little things (I have it on a stamp). Enjoy your crafting, you busy, busy girl!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the silhouette image you used!! The clouds look amazing!! Such a fun and happy card, my friend!! Love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathy Krug said...

I love the cloudy sky background for your image and the pops of red you used.

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely image Diane! I'm glad I had the Misti for my card because I couldn't get the depth of colour either and I'm useless at trying to line up the stamp a second time. Nevertheless your card is wonderful!

Darlene said...

I just LOVE this scene Diane and the sentiment is PERFECT!! Sorry I'm so late commenting! Easter holiday had me extra busy this year. When you get your Misti or Stamp Platform, you'll have to make another one and I'm anxious to hear how much of a difference it makes. (you do know you are my #1 enabler, right!?! lol) Happy Weekend my friend!

Carol L said...

I love the beautiful blue and white background for your silhouette image - what a fun little card that takes me back to my childhood! I'm so sorry for your raccoon drama in the post above, but hopefully tomorrow will begin a better week for you :)