Friday, April 7, 2017

Rain Boots

I have the cutest little shaped card today using
a cut file from The Cutting Cafe
called 'Rain Boots'.
Talk about a quick card super cute card to make,
this one is it!!

I first made one from the cutest strawberry paper,
but was sewing it on my machine when it all went wrong
so had to trash it and wouldn't you know it was the last of that paper I had...sigh!

So I totally started over and decided NOT to stitch on my card this time
as it seemed everything I touched went wrong, ever have one of 'those' days?


I cut the base from white card stock
and then used the plaid you see a yellow card stock for the details.
Speaking of details, I inked the edges (instead of sewing)
with Memento Dew Drop London Fog ink.
I added the flowers (part of the cut file)
and used Nuvo Crystal Drops Ebony Black for the centers.

The little sentiment is part of the cut file,
I just punched it out and added the lady bug.

Did you know that all these files also come in 
not only cut files for your various machines (I used my Cricut Explore), but a PDF file as well?
So anyone can do these, machine or not!

So, make sure and stop by The Cutting Cafe blog later today
as ALL the design team will have awesome projects
for you today...we all were able to do whatever we wanted,
so there is a huge variety of inspiration!!

Entering the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks  .... Flowers
Creative Knockouts .... Outside Fun
Jo's Scrap Shack .... ATG

9 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG these are SO COOL! Love your choice of color/pattern! Just adorable with the lady bug too ... aren't you clever!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, so fun!! I love the shape!! The papers you used are perfect!! And that ladybug - love it!! What a fabulous project, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Regina Easter said...

Oh gees,these are super cute my friend...love you them

Unknown said...

That is the cutest shaped card EVER! Oh don't you hate when bad things happen to good crafters?!?! I had a similar story last week with iron on vinyl--that stuff ain't cheap! lol This is a fantastic card! I love the gardening/rain boots--I hope eventually to put mine on at some point--c'mon Spring! FAB card and I love the plaid print!!!

Leslie Miller said...

You're not kidding that's the cutest little shaped card! OMG, I LOVE it! Too bad about your strawberry paper, but the plaid is awesome... and yellow! Sooooo adorable for springtime!

Christine said...

How precious! I love plaid papers and shaped cards...this one is adorable!! So glad you joined the challenge at Four Crafty Chicks this week.
Christine
Guest DT
http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

I like plaid, great job, and those boots are super cute, great job, and flowers well perfect!
Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, wonderful.
Leanne DT/4CC

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Oh my goodness! I love your darling rain boots! They are amazing!! Thanks for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack! Cyndi, DT

Michelle said...

Wow this is great. I love the design of these boots.
Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck!!
Michelle (DT)