Saturday, April 1, 2017

Happy Easter

Happy April's Fools Day!!

It's the first day of the month and that means it is also
the day for a new challenge at Dies R Us (no foolin'...lol)
Our challenge theme is EASTER.

I recently received an order from Dies R Us
with this pretty 



It is a pretty and delicate die that I die cut twice,
once from white card stock and once from yellow card stock,
then paper pieced all those little yellow tulips in.
(I can use the  yellow frame for another project).
It was actually very easy, like fitting puzzle pieces.

I added an embossed background,
from white card stock and colored them in with Copics...easy!



using one of the 3 birdhouse from the set, stamped a sentiment,
added a bow and it was complete.

Make sure and visit the Dies R Us challenge blog to be
totally inspired by my teammates!

Entering the following challenges:
Crafting By Design ....Happy Easter ((4/4)
Simon Says Wednesday .... ATG
Watercooler Wednesday .... ATG



11 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my ... so pretty!I love the little inlaid tulips!

Unknown said...

Look at all of those tiny tulips, aren't they beautiful! The happiest f Easter cards! I LOVE that plaid birdhouse--adorable!

Darlene said...

So springy and pretty! I too love how you inlaid the tulips ... aren't you the clever one! lol Awesome creation!

Kathy Krug said...

The pink, yellow, and white combination just makes me happy. Wonderful design, Diane.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the dies you used and the colors!! The birdhouse is my favorite!! Love the bow, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

What??? OMG, that tulip frame is so pretty, especially with the inlaid yellow tulips. Now, just stop it, Diane. I can't handle anymore enabling!

laurie said...

So fresh and pretty! I love that gingham bow!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Diane what a perfectly beautiful Easter card. That was a lot of work piecing those little tulips around the edge of the die cut, but well worth it. I love the plaid birdhouse and the bow. Nice touches. Thanks so much for joining us for WWC112 at the Watercooler Wednesday blog.

Heather Hopson said...

OMG! You Rock! This is a stunning card that truly represents What Easter is all about! I love your colors they are so bright and cheerful. Lots of work for you, but totally worth it. Thank You so much for joining us this week and sharing your beautiful card on Watercooler Wednesday.

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow! And another "Wow" for good measure, Diane. This is a wonderful collection of dies and you've used them extraordinarily well. What a beautiful Spring/Easter card! The colours, the layout, perfect. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. (P.S. What a pretty photo of your sweet Nellie in your blog margin.)

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Such a lovely design! Love all of those pretty die cuts!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa