Saturday, April 22, 2017

Roses

Whew!!
I am glad to see the backside of this week!!
Have you ever had one of those weeks where maybe
you should have just stayed in bed the ENTIRE week?
Well, it has been 'that' week for me.
Crazy week where a raccoon has driven my husband and I nuts!
From getting into the feeder we have for the feral cats, dirtying up
their water and damaging the lid on the feeder.
We now have to put it in the garage every night.
Next night the thing is scratching at our slider door of the bedroom at 4am.
To top it off, one of the feral cats had kittens underneath our bedroom
window behind the rose bushes, so it has been trying to get to them..
nasty things are raccoons!
NOT happy about the kittens either, it has been a nightmare,
yesterday it stormed so hard and they almost drowned,
I had to run out in the storm, bring them in and dry them off and
try and warm them up, (they will be 3 weeks today).



There's more LOTs more, but that is just the bit of it.
Well I could tell you where I drove to town to shop
for a bench I saw in the Big Lots ad for outside my kitchen slider
and got out of the car to go in, reached for my purse and had FORGOTTEN it at home!
Or how I drove into town next day with a list of stuff I need,
one being a cartridge for my Dyno Label machine
(hasn't had a cartridge for 2 years)
get home put it in, all happy to use it and the batteries are DEAD
and
I don't have enough on hand....on and on!

Yesterday my morning was spent in a kindergarten class with granddaughter Mena
and today starting 'soon' my morning will spent on the soccer fields.



So today I do have a card to share after all my complaining LOL.

It is a card using the Tutti Designs Swirly Rose Circle die.
This is the 3rd card I have made with this die and is one of my favorites,
not sure why, but I just love these Roses!



A little trick I found that worked pretty good for this die is that a
1 1/4" punch works almost perfectly to place under the Rose,
allowing me to punch the circles in white card stock,
then coloring it in.
I used paper and sequins from my stash of many!

Entering the following challenges:
Shopping Our Stash ..... Roses
Allsorts .... I Spy Beginning with a B (Bow)
My Time To Craft .... Sequins or Buttons



11 comments:

Darlene said...

You poor thing ... you've had quite the week!! But you're a good kitty nana and I'm sure Mena was thrilled you came to her class. I remember doing that for my grandkids ... they are always so proud to show off their parents/grandparents to their friends! Great photo!
Your card is pretty as always ... I love how you've showcased this die! Great job! (of course love the gingham triple bow too!)

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's a neat idea for those roses! Makes it look like a whole other die. the colors are pretty together, too! You've had one of those weeks, for sure. Sometimes they're like that and it makes you nuts. Those baby kittens are so darling. Mama needs to stay with them at night and protect them. We have one raccoon that raids the squirrel feeders at night. We put only a little bit each day in there, hoping it will all be gone by the end of the day, but if there's anything left he'll be up there. We had a lot more 'coons around when a neighbor lady was putting food out for the cats. Maybe it would help if you brought the food in at night? You and Mena are quite the lookalikes. Cute picture! I hope you get some easier, more relaxing days soon. I know you have far too much on your plate.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, what a week!! Although I do love raccoons, they are a menace!! They do the same to the feeders and water for my outdoor cats. And speaking of...those kitties look just like mine!! There were four in the litter and something happened to one of them but I kept the other three :) Your card is stunning!! The flowers are so beautiful!! Fabulous design, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Oh man! I have anxiety just reading your post, although those little kitties, sweet balls of fluff! At least the end of the week turned and you got to spend some quality time with that sweet grandchild of yours! So YAY! Gorgeous roses, love that design and your big fabulous ribbon and bow!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Busy week, indeed, with some icky events! So glad the wildlife has someone like you to look after their well being, including reminding the raccoons to go elsewhere for their food. Wonderful to spend time with your granddaughter! Diane, the layers in your card are beautifully done! Pretty scalloping and roses.

Mimi said...

You are due for a good week, my friend! Ewww... raccoons pretty much suck. Good luck. Love your square card... when i saw the thumbnail it looked like the roses were cupcakes, you know, looking down at them. Thanks for taking the time to share this at SOS. Here's to a better week!

lauren bergold said...

what an incredible fun & vibrant card! i love this!!! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! <3

brenda said...

What beautiful Roses and the bow is the perfect finishing touch to a very pretty card, thanks so much for joining in our 'I spy' theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Ros Crawford said...

OMG I want those kittens!! Oh Diane they are gorgeous and thank God for you taking care of them... Bless you! What a week you've had and still found time to make a beautiful card! Love that photo of your daughter and granddaughter ... she's adorable! Raccoons ... Well we obviously don't have them thank goodness!

K M Meena Herale said...

Awesome card and lovely kittens. Thank you for Joining us at My Time To Craft and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena MTTC DT

Ellibelle said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week!

Those kittens are just adorable, sorry you have to deal with the racoon, I can imagine how annoying that must be and hopefully you can keep the kitties safe from him.