Friday, April 14, 2017

Fancy Folds/Shapes at Fussy and Fancy

A new challenge begins today at the
Fussy and Fancy blog and the lovely Beth is our hostess.

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge

Beth has chosen Fancy Folds or Shaped cards as the theme.

I certainly had a plan for this challenge,
a plan that I just didn't have the time for...sigh.

So I went with a super 'Easy Z Fold' card, 
or maybe it should be called a 'half Z' lol!



To make this card, it is just a regular A2 card, with the front
folding back on itself, a 2 1/2" x 5" panel is added to the front.
On the inside you ad a slightly larger panel
and just line it up with your front panel with a bit of edge showing
so when it is closed you just see a bit showing..easy.


One thing I love about the FAF challenge is that I get to use whatever supplies
I have as long as it fits the theme.
I try to use things up, or pre-cut things or things that are just sitting on my desk.
For this card I used a strip of 'Dazzles' for the front giving a lot of metallic sparkle.
I embossed the front panel, then added
a few die cut flower vines
and white and silver flowers from my stash
(and from my friend Terri) and glittery brads for the centers.
A silver Dazzle butterfly was added to black card stock,
then fussy cut out.


The inside was matted with black card stock (as mentioned above)
and a 2 1/2" x 5 white card stock stamped with a sentiment.
One of the same flower vines was adhered along the inside panel.


Here is the actual 'Z' shape of the card.


Now make sure and pop on over to the
Fussy and Fancy challenge blog and see all the beautiful inspiration there!

Entering the following challenges:
Paperminutes .... Brads and Flowers
CRAFT.... White and one color (silver)
Crafting By Designs .... Girls or Flowers
As You Like It Challenge .... Favorite Card Base & Why
I use the A2 card base mostly...why?...because I can get
2 bases from one 8 1/2 x 11 card stock with no waste.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well whatever you call it start with BEAUTIFUL! I love his fold, probably have never made one either. lol Loving the white and silver palette, it looks so elegant! Gorgeous flower and the sparkle of glitter looks awesome! The inside is just as pretty! WOW!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning!! The texture and sparkle are amazing!! I love the fold!! Elegant and gorgeous, my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Now, there's something I never do anymore. Always just plain old cards for me, yet I admire these fancy folds so much. LOVE the razzle dazzle on this, and really such an overall gorgeous design. Very striking!

Jane Willis said...

Very beautiful! I love how there is lots of sparkle and yet it is subtle, not in-your-face bling.
Jane GDT at CRAFT

Beth Brovold said...

Diane this is stunning...so very elegant...love the fancy fold! Wishing you a fabulous Easter weekend!
Take care,
Beth

Zw@@n said...

A beautiful and elegant card, Diane. Gorgeous details. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Jean said...

Stunning card, loving your colour combo and all the sparkle and texture.
Thanks for joining us over at Craft.
Jean xxx

Caroline said...

WoW! Stunning card. Love everything on it. The embossing, the flowers, the butterfly and other embellies. Also the choice of white with silver. Thanks for playing in the CRAFT Challenge and good luck. Greetings, Caroline