Sunday, November 12, 2023

Joy To The World

 I mentioned the challenge at ABC Christmas
that the theme is W for WREATHS or
X for XoXo
to my BFF Dar at Dar's Crafty Creations
and she challenged me to make a card for it in traditional Christmas colors and to use something new!  I'm always up for a good challenge!!

I die cut a Cheery Lyn Wreath in different green scrap pieces
then offset them when I adhered them together.
The bow was cut from another wreath die that I just snipped off
to place on my wreath.  The sentiment is part of the first
wreath set and I die it first from a adhesive back foam
and also from a snippet of red card stock.
I used a piece of a bright red brick designer paper (my new item) then
placed a piece of embossed vellum on top that I received
from a friend when she sent me a birthday card.
It really toned down the brightness of the brick red paper,
but made a pretty 'soft' place to add my wreath to.


Make sure to pop on over to Dar's blog
to check out her wreath too!!

Enterign the following fun challenges too:
Die Cut Diva's ... It's All About The Holidays (#2)


6 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... this is AWESOME!!! Love that red brick and using the vellum over top was genius! Helped to tone it down and make your wreath really POP! LOVE LOVE LOVE that red bow ... beautiful! What a fabulous holiday card! You met this challenge beautifully!!! Let's find another one to play! LOL

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, many layers of gorgeousness here and it's absolutely wonderful! It's so fun to play with a friend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wreath, Diane! Just love it atop the vellum over pp and what a fab bow - love it!! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous die cut wreath.

Arlene said...

I love the wreath and that wonderful sentiment. Lovely card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous, festive card, Diane. I love the depth the layers on the wreath give, and the embossed vellum is beautiful!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
Hugs
Carol x