Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Oh Deer

Our new challenge theme at Double D is
Oh DEER!
We have a fun and 'dear' deer mood board for inspiration.


Every year at Christmas we have resorted to giving the kiddos, greats, and grandkids
money instead of gifts, there are so many that it got to be a big chore for me to
shop for them all and then having to wrap them all too, I would spend weeks
doing it, so as they grew older we decided money was the best way to go.
I make them all money holders each and every year, usually 24 of them total.
Last year I made 12 reindeer and 12 package shaped holders (I'll post those at a later time).
Each deer was uniquely different and you can see I made some for the boys 
and some for the girls.  I used a stitched rectangle die for the money to go in
then made the deer faces by die cutting an oval for each and using a 
Spellbinders Seasons Greetings
dear die to create each face. 
The banners across the front is where I wrote their names!
 The holders open at the top to slide the money in.
here are 4 of the 12 I created:





Head on over to Double D to see all the beautiful inspiration
the Design Teams have to offer, you won't be disappointed!!

8 comments:

Birgit said...

These look so cute Diane! 24 of them..... WOW! You have such a wonderfully large family! I could only dream of having one so large. I love how you made them each feminine and masculine. Such a darling idea for gifting money.

Vicki said...

How adorable! And, 24 of them? You are so creative with the die cut design and making them for girls and boys. I'm sure the recipients loved being gifted with these money holders.

Barbara said...

Wait.... You did say 24? OMG! A labor of love and a card making machine. But these are so adorable and the cutest cards. Can't wait to see the other ones that you did.

Darlene said...

OMG she is so pretty! What a fun project ... they will love them!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, you're a busy grandma! Much better to go with the money holders. They're adorable!

Julia Aston said...

What fun and creative gift card holders - each face is so unique!

Judy Woodland said...

These are so stinkin' cute, looks like you had a lot of fun creating all these fun cards. Great use of those dies, well done. I LOVE every one of them.

Donna Phelan said...

So clever and creative! Love that you can doll them up and gear to male or female. Those eyelashes! lol Super cute!