Saturday, November 18, 2023

Sketch 739

Hello and welcome to our second Sketch Saturday for November.
The optional twist is to add a stamp featuring a person.
I chose to not use the option!
 


One great thing about sketches is that you can 'make them your own'
as long as the sketch can be recognized and that is what I did with my card!
After a sleepless night in bed for some crazy reason I thought about the cards I
had left to do for the year for design teams and this sketch was one of them!
I remembered I had some dies from Impression Obsession that I thought
would work perfect for this sketch and had never used.  Well, they did, sort of!
When cutting the dies they don't cut out completely but cut 'into' the paper
but I wanted them to cut out, so die cut each one with a circle die, I tried a
circle punch first but it was either too small or too big!
But had I lined them up as the sketch shows I would of had perfect circles
with designs cut into the paper, just wasn't thinking I guess!
I thought about starting over but had already put too much work into
this card and decided this one was perfectly fine!!
Like I said, a sketch is a starting point that you just make into your own!


Hope to see you at Sketch Saturday and see YOUR interpretation of our sketch!!



2 comments:

Lisa said...

Really great die cuts to use for this sketch. Super cute Christmas card.

Leslie Miller said...

You did a perfect job with this sketch and it reminds me I have some little dies that I never really know what to do with. I just might pull them out for this, but I'll never make the challenge deadline. Thanks for the inspiration, Diane!