Friday, November 3, 2023

November 2023 Triple B Challenge

Hello Autumn!
At Triple B we have a pretty Autumnal inspiration board
but you can create anything as long as it has birds~blooms~butterflies
on it, you can use one, two or all three, your choice! 
 


I created two cards for this challenge as I wasn't as fond of the first card so came up with this
card below!
First Card:
I wasn't going to, but finally fell for the Spellbinders Betterpress
and have to say it is one of the better decisions I made as
I LOVE it.  This card was created using the Betterpress 
Autumn Floral Corner die for both the image and the sentiment.
In real life, you can feel and see the impression it gives.
I used my Zig watercolors to color it in on watercolor paper.
I added a butterfly as I had laid my hand in ink evidently
and noticed I had gotten it on the spot where the butterfly is.
I had just finished the piece when I noticed that
so a butterfly appeared to cover up the ink smudge!
The butterfly die was a freebie from scrapbookdotcom.


Second Card:

I let the pretty fall colors on the right picture inspire me!
I cut a circle mask/stencil and applied Distress inks, using 
wild honey, scattered straw, spiced marmalade, carved pumpkin
and black soot to stamp the image.
The stamp is a Northwoods (2003) wood block stamp given
to me by my friend that gave me all her wood block stamps last summer.


I placed the finished panel on a Sizzix black card base.
The sentiment is of course from my favorites The Ton Easy Expressions.
I thought the bird looked like he was 'thinking' so thought it was a good
match for the stamp!

We have a guest designer joining us,
so make sure to stop on by
 Triple B 
and leave her some love!!

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Diane, I'm so glad you were bitten by the Betterpress bug! What a gorgeous place for your sweet little flutterby to hang out - he'd never tell anyone he was covering for you!
Your friend was very generous to gift you with all those blocks - this looks just like our little fishing hole at sunset!
Thanks so very much for inviting me to play cards with your Triple B team this month! x
=]

Darlene said...

WOW both cards are just awesome! Beautiful coloring on the first card and look at you bring new life to those old stamps! WELL DONE my friend!!!

Lisa said...

Two very lovely cards. I love the coloring on the first card and love the bright happy on the second card.

Leslie Miller said...

OMGoodness gracious! Two gorgeous cards! Love that you're loving your Betterpress.

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Diane! LOVE that gorgeous floral garden. The bright colours are so happy! And the second card is beautiful too ... love those sunset colours paired with the beautiful black images.