Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Birthday Wishes

It was nice and warm here Tuesday afternoon.....
but its not to last.....
I spent the day sorting thru things to donate to the Goodwill...
it's that time of the year to clean out....
but somehow I just manage to bring new in...
 
so after my hard days work and making dinner....
I was able to spend a little time in my creative room....
I made this card for a few different challenges.....
 
first for City Crafter, as it is their 3rd "birthday".....
I have been doing their challenges for awhile now....
and won a few times.....I will be guest designing there on May 7th.....
it's one of the challenges I try to do weekly, as it is always so fun....
and also I came across a "new" just starting challenge called
they give you a sketch, and an inspiration photo....
you can do  one, or both, or "fuse" the two together on one card....
that is what I did.....
and also a "new to me" challenge at Flutterby Wednesdays
to use a butterfly or fairy...

 
I made my felt flowers from a Memory Box die...
the leaves are from Memory Box as well...aren't they just the cutest???
The butterfly is a MS punch...the sentiment is from Hero Arts
and the "chevron" embossing is from Sizzix!!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I like your take on the Fusion challenge. Your little flowers are adorable, and I love that sweet butterfly. Thank you so much for joining us for our first Fusion challenge. ;-)

Darlene said...

WOW way to go Diane! LOVE those felt flowers, you'll have to show me how you did that! Love that background embossing folder too ... all around fabulous creation!
HUGS from OHIO!
Oh BTW ... thanks ... now here's another challenge I have on my TODO list! LOL!!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet and pretty birthday card. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great take on the challenge, I loe those felt rosebuds. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the first Fusion Hypothesis!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Super card, sweet, beautiful felt flowers, thanks for sharing at CCCB birthday week!
And thanks for your kind words for us, we are so glad to have you as our guest!

Greta said...

Oh wow--love the embossed chevrons & your felt flower bouquet is fabulous!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Diane!! The chevron embossing is fabulous!! And I love the felt flowers - they look amazing!! What a beautiful card my friend!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lyndal said...

FAB white chevrons & floral butterfly FUSION - gorgeous card!
So glad you joined in the fun at the first FUSION Challenge :)

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely card ... Love the flowers ... and I'm the same ... I donate tons and come back with things! Looking forward to having you guesting with us ... Many thanks for playing along at CCCB! Have a great day!

bumblebee creations said...

these are the cutest!!

Danni said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet card...love the cluster of blooms! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Anonymous said...

So springy and sweet!! Thanks so much for sharing in our Birthday celebration this week at CCCB :-)

AppleApricot Wen said...

Hello Diane, love your happy pretty card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CCCB! Hugs, Wendy