Thursday, April 11, 2013

Flourishes Summer Lovin' Challenge

 
It's that time of the month when Flourishes has their new release
and a few challenges to go with it....this challenge is Summer Lovin'
you can use the photo for color inspiration or just go off on your own
as long as it's "summertime"
 
 
I needed a thank you card to send out
and chose this Flourish set "With Gratitude" 

 
I colored in the image with my "small" stash of Copics...
the doily in the background is a new Cheery Lynn die I just purchased
called "Pinwheel" doily....I actually have a "real" doily in this pattern...
the layering of it came quite by accident...
I cut the coral one first, and the color just didn't stand out....
so then cut a green one, and somehow it ended up on the coral one...
I loved the layering of the 2 and "viola'"...
the card is quite large  (5 1/2" square) to accommodate the doily....
I am sending this to a friend for a gift she gave to me.....

9 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

oh I want spring--that Lemonade looks scrumptious! So does your card!! Love the whole thing--lovely image!

Janie Printz said...

This is just beautiful ... Love the wonderful colors & the layering of the doilies is perfect. Love it !!!
Hugs, Janie

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

wowza... love everything!

Amanda said...

What a sweet, sweet card! Every detail is so pretty! I loved the notched corners and the texture of the paper doilies behind your image - gorgeous!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the colors and the doilies!! That butterfly looks real!! Gorgeous card, Diane!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

This is just beautiful Diane! LOVE that you've used 2 different colored doilies ... they look awesome together! And, thanks for reminding me about the cut out corners ... I used to do that all the time but had forgotten about it until I saw this card! BEAUTIFUL job my friend!

Silke Ledlow said...

So pretty Diane! The dies in the background look awesome too! Thanks for joining in the fun...hugs ~S~

Kristi said...

Gorgeous card! I love the doilies and how you layered them!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! Cool die that you created for the frame and I like the edges brought out from the card base. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Summer Lovin challenge~