Sunday, April 7, 2013

Butterfly Collage

I know this is my third post for today....
and I know it can be annoying...lol...but
I LOVED how  this card turned out and just had to share it!!
 
 
It is a collage of sorts
I wish you can see it in person, as it shows the color variances much better!
I started out with a pale yellow card stock
I stamped my images in black, then sponged on 3 colors of yellows
I know the one looks a bit "orange", but it is SU more mustard, so more of a gold/yellow
then I had a polka dot stencil I sponged black over
added my gingham ribbon and distressed the edges...love it!
 
I made this card for the challenge at Joan's Gardens
and
 the challenge at Flutterby Wednesday
 to use a butterfly or fairy and a flower
 
Joan's challenge is to use black and yellow
use a frame (mine is the outside white distressed border)
use something to do with Spring
use something from Joan's Gardens
 
products used from Joan's are the stamped images (all but the mop head flowers)
the stamp is Spring Jubilee from Pink Paislee...Joan has these in stock, and she has/had
these on sale for 50% off ...making them $5...so if you want them, you might email and ask?
Also from Joan's is the 6x6 polka dot template and the Ranger black Archival Ink
other inks used are SU More Mustard and Daffodil Delight and Memento Dandelion...
I am not sure if you can read the little sentiment on it, but it says
"a girl walked in the sunshine"

11 comments:

Laurart said...

WOW! This is lovely! I never really use yellow but this certainly is very inspiring and I might have to start experimenting with that colour myself. Thanks for sharing Lots of love from Laura xxxxxxx

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous collage of stamps and inks ... really lovely!

bumblebee creations said...

ooooo-so pretty!!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the background!! The stamps you used are so beautiful!! What a fabulous card!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!! Happy Sunday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

This is gorgeous Diane! LOVE your selection of images! GREAT job!

Ginny B said...

Diane, that gingham bow just makes the card. Puts a good contrast on it and makes the card pop. Love it!

Darnell said...

Hi Diane! Thank you for coming by to see me and leaving a lovely comment. It's very nice to meet you. Oh, and Nellie (one of my friends calls me that)! I ADORE that profile picture!!

And what a lot of inspiration there is to be found here; three posts today, all wonderful! Thank you, it's not in the least annoying to me!!

Kristi said...

Love it! I really like all of the stamps and your collage rocks!

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, that's quite a work of art! A person could easily think it was an elegant designer paper. Love how you stenciled the polka dots. Very nice!

Danni said...

Very pretty!! Love the color combo! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Curt in Indy said...

This did turn out beautifully. Love the black and yellow combo (ironically, I have one I'm going to show on tomorrow night's post!) Such timing! Hope you are doing well. Hugs, Curt