Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Canvas

I am finally seeing some signs of Spring...how bout' you?
I needed some of it in my home...
so I created this canvas piece for my mantel...
How it came about is a group of friends got together at Joan's Gardens
for a day of fun and prior to it Dar (from Dar's Crafty Creations) and I got our
heads together and decided we would work on a canvas....
so all six if us made one, each very different and unique to who we are.....
we had so much fun and laughter and good food and we all shopped
while we at Joan's too...oh my, it was like being in die heaven!!!
I brought home something like 13 or more new dies, plus other goodies
the ole' budget was blown to heck that day!!
 
 
Anywho, I love how she turned out with all her Spring colors......
the canvas is very "3D" and has alot going on.....
the canvas is appro 11 x 14....
 
 
I used paints, sprays, pearls, bubble wrap, dies, flowers, a hero arts bird stamp
rub ons, stamps and a wonderful saying from Crate Paper that says  
"stepping back from her canvas, she saw her soul"...I LOVE that!!
 
 
I am entering this in the challenge at City Crafters....
it's an anything goes challenge..sort of...
each design team member has a requirement to use and you need only to pick one..
I choose 3 of the four...
Ros use pearls, Kirsty use mist or spray, and Charlene use a circle die.....
and also at Cheery Lynn Designs the challenge is "Back To Nature"
I used one of their wonderful doily dies English Tea Party
and also to Simon Says Stamp and Show...anything goes
 
 
I can't wait to make another one, so very different from this one!!
 

14 comments:

Laurart said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful! Lots of love from Laura xxxx

Darlene said...

This is SO GORGEOUS and thanks again for the idea ... what fun!! I can't express what a FABULOUS time I had with you & the other ladies at our get together ... I am so blessed! Stay in touch and keep up the amazing work ... I can use all the inspiration I can get!
HUGS from OHIO!!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! I really love your canvas ... Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!
I hopped over to Joan's garden to see ... Sounds like you ladies had a great day! Which one is you on the photo?

Kristi said...

GORGEOUS! I want one for my mantle!LOl.Really great work,you're so blessed to have crafty friends nearby. Sounds like you had a blast and I can't wait to see what you made with your new goodies!

Hugs,
Kristi♥

Dianne said...

What a fabulous canvas and it sound like you guys had a ball, all the interest you added, I do love that image, she is in a garden of beauty, love the bird and your own flower and butterflies, thanks for sharing this and have a great weekend Diane..
It was great learn learn about your interesting creative life you've had..

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is the cutest!

Joann said...

Absolutely precious Diane! What a wonderful piece for your mantel. Glad to hear you had a lovely day with your crafty friends! Thanks so much for joining us again at Cheery Lynn Designs! Hugs xx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, Diane, this is stunning!! I love, love your canvas!! All of the colors and details are amazing!! And the doll stamp looks so fabulous!! Absolutely beautiful my friend!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

shulsart said...

What a bright and happy decoration! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely patchwork effect and the sweet image is adorable. Lovely papers and design. Happy to have you playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous canvas Diane!!! Love those sweet stamps!!! And yes I'm ready for spring, my rose bushes are loaded with buds!!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Sheila said...

Very pretty Diane, thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Unknown said...

Your canvas looks amazing. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Pretty, so pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!