Friday, April 12, 2013

Lilacs~Roses~Shabby Flowers ~ Oh My

I have had a very productive day in the creative room...
it has been raining cats and dogs all day!
 
 
Been working on a couple different projects ....
one is for the challenge at The Shabby Tea Room "Shabby Spring"
using the inspiration photo above, and the other is at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge Blog "anything goes"
you cna click on the photos for a larger (and better) image
 
 
today I have a sweet little altered box to share....
I bought this  balsa wood box at Michael's last year from the $1 bin...
 
 
I painted it a blue color, and had hoped to either distress it white or crackle it....
but that pesky "other person" that lives in my house and puts things where I
can't find them, must of been at it again, as I could find neither...sigh...

 
I sanded it a bit, still thought it needed more,.
so I grabbed some white lightning and painted it on ....
but it didn't do what I wanted either, so I streaked on some watered down white paint...
now it's looking a bit more what I had in mind!
I adhered a Cheery Lynn Designs tiny Italian Flourish doily
 
 
but I pretty much covered it up with my flowers......
other products used from Cheery Lynn Designs are:
Tiny things With Wings
Cutie Fringe 4 (for the lilacs and the fringe flower)
Flourish Leaf Strip
Build A Flower Embellishments #2
Build A Flower #2
 
 
I love how my little hummingbird "flutters" above the flowers!!
I used 2 different colors of Tattered Angels Sprays on the pink flower
that's it for today...hope you enjoyed it!
 






11 comments:

Darlene said...

WOWZA! This is awesome! I too LOVE how your hummer is hovering over your BEAUTIFUL cluster of flowers! Great job my friend ... looks AWESOME!! Thanks for inspiration ... guess I'd better get busy!
HUGS from OHIO!
I think we are getting the rain you had yesterday ... yucky, gloomy .. guess I'll be staying in my cave today! Give a shout if you get time!

Kristi said...

WOW! I am in love! This is so beautiful! I love the flower cluster and that little hummingbird is just adorable!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I'm laughing here! ... I cannot believe how much we have in common ... you need to read my last post!!

Wonderful altered box BTW ... that little bird is so very sweet ... love how you did that! Have a lovely day

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! Those flowers are stunning!! The hummingbird is so adorable...I love how he is hovering above!! This is fabulous my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

Hugs, Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Joann said...

OMG, Not much else to say other than love it! Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Rebekah said...

Super project! Great distressing and oh so many sweet details(adore your hummingbird)!
So glad you could join us this week over at TSTR:)

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really beautiful and creative box.
Love how you distressed it and your collection of blooms are stunning.
Just perfect having that little bird hovering above like that.
Caroline xxx

Debbie's Time Out said...

Wow Beautiful box. The flowers are absolutley gorgeous and love that hummingbird above the flowers like that. Glad you joined us at Cheery Lynn Designs. Good Luck to you

Leslie Miller said...

This is soooo pretty! Your flowers look real and I love the distressed look. The hummingbird hovering over it all is a great finish!

Marge said...

Oh MY -- this is EXQUISITE and that little hummingbird is hovering as they do daily in my backyard! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my post today too!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Beautiful precious box! The hummingbird is just the perfect touch too!