Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pretty In Purple Challenge

Whew, it sure is taking me a bit to get my "mojo" going.....
I don't know whats wrong with me, but it seems like I am starting all over like a newbie!!
Maybe it's this cold weather, we had a HARD frost last night.....
so annoying, as my daffodils and other flowers got hit hard....
my leopards bane was loaded with buds, am not sure if they will come out of it.....
 
 
So, I "attemped" to do a challenge this morning for "Pretty In Purple" challenge
my purple shimmery flowers are anyones guess, just a purple flowers I guess....hah!
 
I have to say I am NOT a PURPLE  person, but gave it a go.....
 
to make the flowers I used my
Cheery Lynn dies fanciful flourish, BAF #2 , BAF embellishments #2
the cardstock is Concord Crush from SU
and the sentiment is SU Vintage Verses
the flowers were sprayed with Tattered Angels
a rather simple card.......

7 comments:

Kristi said...

This turned out lovely! Love those flowers and the dry embossing. Purple's not a color I use overly much either. Hope your plants make it from the freeze ok!

Debbie's Time Out said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! You do purple perfectly, Diane!! I don't use it very much either and I don't know why...I love the color!! The flowers and embossing are fabulous!! I hope your flowers weather the weather!! Happy Sunday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dianne said...

Simple but very beautiful Diane, the flowers are gorgeous, by spraying them they are 2 colors beautiful.You maybe not feeling well but your mojo looks fine to me sweety, thanks for sharing and hope it gets warmer, its cold here in Ont. too, but no frost:):).
Hope your weekend is getting better..

Joann said...

Hi Diane,
I think you should call the flower a Nellie! You did a wonderful job. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Ros Crawford said...

I think I left my mojo somewhere too ... But your card is lovely ... Doesn't look to me like you lost your creativity at all! I love those flowers... sorry about your real ones ... It's been a long long winter!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Diane love the center of this one and such unusual gorgeous colors you have used. and Thank you so much for the kind words on my Foam Flower Cala Lily tutorial