Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Leave It To Me Challenge

Wow, two weeks into October all ready, and I am another year older....YIKES!
It also brings us to a new challenge at Double D hosted by Team Darlene.
The theme is 'Leave It To Me'
and using the mood board below.
We want to see leaves on your project.


For my card I simply went with the colors and of course the 'leaves.



I water colored a SB scalloped die cut using my Zigs,
then from scrap cut my PoppyStamps Monterey Vine
and Amy Design  Winter Owl.



I stamped the sentiment (it's a real 'oldie' from JustRite)
using the TH Stamp platform....how I love that thing,
it allowed me to stamp in the same place 3 times
until I was satisfied with the outcome!
(I added the link in case you want one, too).
A few rustic sequins were added too!

Come and join us at Double D and see all the gorgeous work the DT has,
so many beautiful varieties that will 'knock your socks off...
(I figured you are wearing socks since it IS October)!!

9 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card and love the owl. No socks here too hot.xx [aNNie]

Darlene said...

This is awesome Di ... love that owl and how clever of you to put watercoloring behind him ... looks fabulous! What a great design!

Vicki said...

I love this Diane! The owl is amazing and I would never think to use it this way. Fantastic!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very cute creation. Love how the owl is perched over the leafy die cut. Gorgeous fall colors too!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the owl!! The leaves are gorgeous!! Definitely wearing socks...almost need gloves, too!! It's been chilly here!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, Diane! There's just something about these relatively CAS cards I LOVE! Beautiful, perfect dies, and just look at those pretty copper sequins. I have that JustRite set and use it a lot. I use all my JustRite sentiments a lot, and they're all oldies. Happy birthday month! I hope you're still celebrating. I was treated yesterday to another birthday lunch by a couple of former coworkers. And there's still more to come. I could celebrate all year!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous fall card. I love the layering that you did on this design, but still kept it CAS.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This card is so pretty Diane. The water colored background let the owl and leaves pop. The sequins are the perfect touch to your design.

Judy Woodland said...

What an awesome owl die, I love what you have done with him. I also love your sponging behind, it looks like the glow of the sun. Great design here....fabulous!