Friday, October 27, 2017

Merry Christmas

I created a lot and I mean  a lot of Christmas cards
for the Tutti Design store (though they aren't up there yet ...sigh)!

This one is another favorite of mine....
not only pretty, but an easy mailer.
I like that, I do make loaded cards and it's not too bad to mail
those out when you only have a few to send here and there,
but Christmas is another matter
as one year I made those folded Christmas trees
and sent out a bunch and each one was $2.34 to mail...yikes...lol...
live and learn as they say!!


For this card I used a red card stock base,
then used a snowfall embossing folder.
I die cut from a foil paper 'Christmas Night'.
The sentiment was SU Four The Holidays stamped in SU real red....
that's it easy peasy!

Entering in the following challenges:
Mod Squad .... Snow
Little Red Wagon .... What's Red All Over
ABC Christmas Challenge .... U for unlimited V for Vibrant
Crafting by Designs .... Christmas

9 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Diane, this is so delicate and incredibly elegant! Your expertise in cutting foil CS and adhering it is no small feat! I love this card (and yes, now the price increase is $2.54) I don't understand when it is only 1-2 ounces. I wish the limit was 1/2 inch. LOL Wishing won't make it happen. Beautiful card! xx

Darlene said...

This is fabulous Diane! LOVE the simple design and that red foil really POPS! Great job!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this....especially that snowy background. The red really stands out against it. Great use of that die, well done!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the snowy background!! I need that embossing folder!! The image looks so gorgeous cut in red foil!! Elegant and fabulous, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

JanR said...

It's always a kicker when you have to pay extra postage....but for some reason that never stops me from putting buttons on cards I have to mail. :-) Lovely card! The shiny die cut is fantastic.

Joyce Erb said...

The foil really adds a lot of glam, very pretty. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Leslie Miller said...

This is soooooo pretty! I'm all about the one postage stamp Christmas cards. I wonder if some of mine might go over, but I sure hope not. This card just goes to show you don't have to load it up to make it beautiful. Live and learn, for sure!

Donna Phelan said...

Love that red foil paper, the die cut looks amazing cut from it!

Inkyfingers said...

Such a pretty card and what a bonus when they are easy to mail!
Thanks for sharing with ABC Christmas Challenge and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x